• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A fecked up country...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame the vikings
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
      I blame the vikings
      They surely knew how to throw a party, though
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Fecked country is that where you drive from work and police armed with submachine guns stops your car, measures CO2 from exhaust pretending you have got too high level and unless you pay them off they will waste few hours of your time or more likely find something else.

Fecked up country is also one where an LTD must do monthly reports to the Tax Office with dozen papers (for different taxes) filled in in different places, all of which have got queues, and they change forms every month, and in any case you can't possibly fill in them correctly so you get fines.

Also totally fecked up country is where the Govt's motto is:

You can vote for us, or not vote for us,
        In any case we will **** you up the ***e

Now that's fked up country - and UK is like heaven.
        ATW, I'm behind the times here. Which country are you originally from?
        "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
          ATW, I'm behind the times here. Which country are you originally from?
          Birmingham I think.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Birmingham I think.
            or birmin am as southerners call it
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I m fay Glesgaaaaaaaa...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I m fay Glesgaaaaaaaa...
                Ah, OK. I Just thought from your earlier contribution that you were describing Denmark, or Sweden or some East European country. In which case I would have understood the comparison.
                "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Fecked country is that where you drive from work and police armed with submachine guns stops your car, measures CO2 from exhaust pretending you have got too high level and unless you pay them off they will waste few hours of your time or more likely find something else.

Fecked up country is also one where an LTD must do monthly reports to the Tax Office with dozen papers (for different taxes) filled in in different places, all of which have got queues, and they change forms every month, and in any case you can't possibly fill in them correctly so you get fines.

Also totally fecked up country is where the Govt's motto is:

You can vote for us, or not vote for us,
                  In any case we will **** you up the ***e

Now that's fked up country - and UK is like heaven.
                  The dfifference is Russia has always been like that.... it's a new situation for us
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Uk

Has its problems but on the FcukedUpOmeter it rates pretty low

A fcked country is one where the health minister tells AIDS sufferers to eat garlic and beetroot.

A fcked country has one of the highest violent crime rates in the world and the Security minister tells people to stop "whinging" about crime.

A fcked country has ex-military forming criminal syndicates and robbing cash-in-transit vans on a major metropolitan highways in broad daylight.

A fcked country is where you get out of your car at a petrol station and upon returning you are shot dead, yur car is stolen and the thief drives over your body whilst escaping.

A fcked country is where the gang rape of a 80 year old woman does not even make the third page

A fcked country is where a minister is jailed for corruption, gets a heroes sendoff to the slammer, publicly attended by people in power.

A fcked country is where a week later the same criminal is having a barbecue and drinking beer on his own back garden.

A fcked country is where you dont call the police if you get burgled because they tip off would be robbers as to occupants, alarm location etc

So..... you can moan about all the things wrong with this place , as I do from time to time as well but in the whole scheme of things this is not a bad place.
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
                      And we are not going, so you'd better get used to it (or maybe you can emigrate??)
                      He's not wrong...
                      A mutiny inside the UK's largest immigration centre has been contained, the Home Office has said.

Detainees at the 500-capacity Harmondsworth centre in west London staged a protest about living conditions in the early hours.

Fires were started and about 50 asylum seekers spelt out "help" and "SOS" with bed sheets in the courtyard.

The Home office said the situation was contained but some of the detainees would be moved from Harmondsworth.

Lin Homer, head of the immigration and nationality directorate, said: "The perimeter remains secure, and no-one has escaped. There has been no risk to the public. No injuries to staff or detainees have been reported."
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X