• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone wanna job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw
    got this beauty today:

I don't even know wtf mcs-s sr13 is, but it sounds scary.
    It is safer in Iraq than in the UK where we've got terrorists in every station, waiting to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
      got this beauty today:

I don't even know wtf mcs-s sr13 is, but it sounds scary.
      Sounds military, I would guess something to do with fighter jets. Then again I may be talking utter tulipe

HTH

Comment

Do they supply an orange boiler suit?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I know somebody who went to Iraq and ended up being shot in the neck. Now he can't move anything from the neck down. I guess there comes a point in contracting where the money is not enough. Personally and with my name, I think I'll leave Iraq alone!

"It is safer in Iraq than in the UK where we've got terrorists in every station, waiting to explode."

Just who did John Reid consult for that comment and for how long?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

MCSS = Military Communication Satellite System

Comment

Are you sure it's not a revision of a Maneuver Control System (MCS)?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ground/mcs.htm

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                $1000 a day?

Don't make I larf...
                Is a bit low considering the current exchange rate ~£500/day ?

Comment

Aha, but it does come with free transport. For the site seeing and suchlike. I hear Baghdad has a pretty vibrant nightlife.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                    Are you sure it's not a revision of a Maneuver Control System (MCS)?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ground/mcs.htm
                    Could be. Too many FLAs (Four Letter Acrynoms)

Comment

"I hear Baghdad has a pretty vibrant nightlife."

Every day is Nov 5th!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X