• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toilet Training For Staff From Overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because someone is westernised and working in a "civilised" country doesn't mean things are any different. In Sweden it's customary to do a form of snort to clear your throat (not even spitting it out!). That too is disgusting!!

Comment

I work with a guy from Hong Kong and listening to him eat is a 'pleasure'. Apparantly slurping when you eat is a sign that you are enjoying the food.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        I work with a guy from Hong Kong and listening to him eat is a 'pleasure'. Apparantly slurping when you eat is a sign that you are enjoying the food.

I remember David Attenborough talking about his exploits in the Amazon Jungle. The locals made a brew from fermented spit. Being a guest they offered the bowl of fermented spit complete with soft gooey green bits and phlegm. In order to not to insult them he decided to drink it and he thought the best way not to suffer was to gulp the slime substance down in one. After he did so they brought another bowl saying as you enjoyed that one we brought you some more.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          I remember David Attenborough talking about his exploits in the Amazon Jungle. The locals made a brew from fermented spit. Being a guest they offered the bowl of fermented spit complete with soft gooey green bits and phlegm. In order to not to insult them he decided to drink it and he thought the best way not to suffer was to gulp the slime substance down in one. After he did so they brought another bowl saying as you enjoyed that one we brought you some more.
          I think given that situation I would be happy to offend my hosts.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
            a.k.a "taking the mickey out of the white man"

You don't think they really drink the snotty bits, do you?

The arabs like doing the same thing with sheeps eyeballs
            Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

The answer perhaps...

US drinker stabbed for not washing hands

Those men among you who indulge in the woman-enraging provocation of not putting the loo seat back down after taking a leak should count yourselves lucky you're not in Fort Worth, Texas, where some people take the matter of good toilet habits very seriously indeed.

Just ask 25-year-old Morgan Jackson, who was with two drinking buddies in the car park of the Tumbleweeds Sports Bar last Thursday evening when an infuriated toilet user charged them with a knife "because he apparently grew angry that one of the men didn't wash his hands in the bathroom", as the Houston Chronicle explains.

Indeed, so pissed off was 27-year-old Eric Jennings Kisiah that he stabbed Jackson three times in his left torso and once in his back with an eight-inch knife which was subsequently recovered close to the scene of the incident.

Prior to the attack, Kisiah "confronted a group of three friends at the bar because he was upset about one of them not washing his hands after using the restroom", according to the police report. He "called the men names and told them that they were dirty" before leaving with the threat to "slash their throats", as one of the men recounted.

When the three pals eventually left the bar, Kisiah launched his assault from behind a shrub where he'd being lying in wait. He was restrained by "several men" until the cops arrived.

Jackson was later reported to be in "good condition" following surgery at a Fort Worth hospital. Kisiah was cuffed on "suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and held in Mansfield Jail with bail set at $20,000. ®

http://www.theregister.com/2006/11/2...sh_your_hands/
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
              X