• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon station commuters flee train in 'Bible' panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Zombies could have taken over London, but it din't happen. Cyclists claim mass revenge on drivers, but it din't happen.
    Honestly.....someone obviously attempted to make a functioning bomb. It partially worked. The police & government classified that as a terrorist act. Police/gov advice in a terror attack is to run, hide, tell. This man, loudly quoting sentences mentioning "death is not the end" precipitates the justified reaction from people - on the same tube line as the recent prior terror attack

Edit: I've just read that he was also talking about Doomsday....

Oh, and nobody bats an eyelid at the megaphone preacher near Oxford Street, because of something called context. use google if in doubt and apply the principle to the situation I describe above

Honestly the attention seeking luddites devoid of any reasoning capability is astonishing.
    See my response above and apply that to yourself

Why did people not flee London on seeing the fire? After all the great fire of London was devastating.
    I believe general consensus is that it started around midnight. Afterwards people lived in tents outside of London. I don't believe social media and emergency announcements to the public at large were widely available - or do you have evidence to the contrary? You really are clutching at straws.

Terror happens. It is part of our lives (thanks to our foreign policy). Stop pretending it can be avoided by taking some irrational action.
    Yes. Yes. Sometimes, some people can be saved and victims can be reduced by taking some kind of action - nobody is saying that terror will disappear if people flee the scene, but for you to say some of the tripe you've said about people who have tried to avoid becoming the next victim - it takes a class act

When the entire thread disagrees with you, perhaps it is actually you in the wrong eh?
    Last edited by Bean; 4 October 2017, 13:51.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

It is not a question of ball'age - simply a question of ones ability to reason. I'd not have jumped off the train myself, more likely shat my pants and cried for my mummy.
      FTFY
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        FTFY
        This is the product of 20+ years of attending church twice daily by my parents demand. Heard enough for one lifetime.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

When the entire thread disagrees with you, perhaps it is actually you in the wrong eh?
          Pigs will fly before that happens
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Wrong about what? What did I claim? Refresh my memory...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Honestly.....someone obviously attempted to make a functioning bomb. It partially worked. The police & government classified that as a terrorist act. Police/gov advice in a terror attack is to run, hide, tell. This man, loudly quoting sentences mentioning "death is not the end" precipitates the justified reaction from people - on the same tube line as the recent prior terror attack
              No, nothing worked. Nothing exploded. A fire started that was it.

'Death is not the end' - what's wrong with saying that aloud? 90% of the people on this planet believe in God, so that tell us. Why would the 90% not turn around to the speaker - aye he's not wrong.

Comment

No, nothing worked. Nothing exploded. A fire started that was it.

'Death is not the end' - what's wrong with saying that aloud? 90% of the people on this planet believe in God, so that tell us. Why would the 90% not turn around to the speaker - aye he's not wrong.
                Feckwit
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reading the bible allowed is a terror attack now?
                  'Aloud'

It was clearly enough of a trigger for the people on the train to decide not to take any chances given the specific quotes he was saying "death is not the end"

Unlike the Borough market attacks where members of the public did actually fight back after it kicked off.

Using this incident to play the 'soft southerners' card is beyond tasteless. I suggest you STFU and hope it doesn't happen to you.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yesterday I saw an interview with the police officer who was blinded in one eye on London Bridge. He was lucky to be alive as he was stabbed in a few other places.

Incidentally stabbing and now throwing acid on people's faces is a now a common thing to do in London if you have an argument with someone.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Yesterday I saw an interview with the police officer who was blinded in one eye on London Bridge. He was lucky to be alive as he was stabbed in a few other places.

Incidentally stabbing and now throwing acid on people's faces is a now a common thing to do in London if you have an argument with someone.
                      They should try that up in Scotland - those tough scary Scots are so much tougher than us I'm sure anyone with a knife/bottle of acid/bomb would think twice about the prospect of getting headbutted...

Comment

Working...
                      X