• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky news total bulltulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    You have no clue.
    Do you because we should probably note here that Boris Berezovsky is known for his funding of Muslim rebels stirring up trouble in Chechnya and Ossetia which he hopes will force Putin to cede the overland Caspian/Europe pipeline route to Yossi Maiman and the Israelis and Israel Americans of PNAC--- is also something of a gamer and psychohistorian.

The most troubling aspect of Berezovsky is here is endless given the fact that Berezovsky stole enough money from Russia to buy any toy he wants, including a suitcase of nukes.

Comment

To continue this conversation would volate my fairly recently adopted but firm policy of not wasting time with people whose understanding of the problem in question is not only deeply flawed, but there are also no chances they will be able to recognise that.

Also - you are Putin and I claim my 5 bln rubles!

Comment

Personally, I have always thought Putin was an awfully nice chap. Please don't kill me, Mr Putin.

I'm sure he doesn't really 'fiddle with young boys', or 'have people blown up in tower blocks to create a climate of fear that enables him to invade other countries with popular backing', 'cut off entire nations gas supplies while subsidising others', or 'have dissidents murdered with exoctic toxic materials'.

No, I've seen Putin on the telly, and he seemed as sane as that sober chap Yeltsin... unexpectedly pulling up a pre-pubescent boys shirt and kissing his stomach on national TV was taken out of context.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          unexpectedly pulling up a pre-pubescent boys shirt and kissing his stomach on national TV was taken out of context.
          Apparently he just wanted to "cuddle up" that boy...

People who oppose Putin were either were forced to leave the country, or got imprisoned or died. Other than that he is a nice chap...

Comment

Polonium has a shortish half life - does it decay to lead the same as Uranium?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Polonium 210 decays to Lead 206, which is stable.

Half life is about 138 days.

Comment

Well

This is a major embarresment to the UK. While MI5/6 is running around arresting teenage muslims for supposed terror acts, someone is able to poisen someone with a radioactive substance in the middle of London.... nice.

I am of the opinion that this is a about retribution. I also believe it was done to send a message to the increasingly powerful Russian expat community in the UK to mind their own and that just because they live in the UK, they are not immune from the long arm of the Kremlin.

As ATW says, there was precision involved in this, he was meant to suffer before he died.

As far as a diplomatic indident I am sure that the diplomatic fallout from whatever whoever is being discouraged from revealing is far more damaging than any accusations thrown around the UK media.

As far as public image goes, UK intelligence will not risk being exposed as incompetant, therefore I predict sweeping this event under the carpet after the furore has died down.

I think those that need to know, know who did this and why, and any mudslinging and muck racking will be unpredictable, damaging and possibly fatal to all involved.

If I had to make a predication, I think Litvenko will probably be discredited as then everybody saves face. IMHO anyway.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Polonium 210 decays to Lead 206, which is stable.

Half life is about 138 days.
                  And in the meantime it is one of the most toxic (and carcinogenic) substances known.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros
                    I do have some knowledge about Russia because my wife is from Ukraine and her grandmother is Russian and we all know what happened in the fake Orange Revolution!
                    I.e. you are on the other side from the elected Ukranian government?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros
                      is also something of a gamer and psychohistorian.
                      wtf is a psychohistorian?
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X