• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea: Am I Being Dumb / Missing Something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    United Nations has 'exhausted' options on North Korea, says top US diplomat | The Independent

Yanks not giving up on this war quite yet - they really really seem to want it.
    Not sure they want it - they just do not want Kim wandering around with nuclear weapons threatening everyone.......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Not sure they want it - they just do not want Kim wandering around with nuclear weapons threatening everyone.......
      if that was the case they'd be having sensible conversations de-escalating the situation.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I don't blame them.

Mind you, I don't blame the cheese eater for working out that giving up nuclear weapons programmes is the best way to end up being sodomised to death with a bayonet.

Comment

if that was the case they'd be having sensible conversations de-escalating the situation.
          I think they have tried - just seems Kim is not for it.

but then if you think he lives in a world where no one ever says no to him.

and there are no bad consequences for his actions (for him not the citizens that is)

Comment

Only way is for US to cut trade links with anyone who does trade with NK.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              I don't blame them.

Mind you, I don't blame the cheese eater for working out that giving up nuclear weapons programmes is the best way to end up being sodomised to death with a bayonet.
              Not convinced it would.

The US would not look to invade NK due to the Chinese.

Comment

I read an article saying that a poll conducted in Seoul concluded that residents were no more worried about an outbreak of war now than they were a decade ago, which was interesting.

I guess the issue for Kim is, if he fires first the whole world will be pointing their artillery at him, including China and Russia; I really don't think he wants that. The ideal for him it seems, is to goad Trump into causing the first casualty so he has at least some buy-in from his two next door super powers.

Comment

Not convinced it would.

The US would not look to invade NK due to the Chinese.
                  Which is why all these threats we keep hearing from them are empty. China have stated that if NK attacks SK/Japan etc. they will stay neutral. If the US attacks NK first they will 'not accept' a US war with NK.

Trump seems to have military ED like Obama did when he wanted to but couldn't invade Syria.

What's next - some kind of colour revolution in NK (not likely) or ISIS rocking up and appearing out of nowhere?
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Markets still at record highs and ignoring this whole NK thing now it seems. That says a lot.

Comment

Which is why all these threats we keep hearing from them are empty. China have stated that if NK attacks SK/Japan etc. they will stay neutral. If the US attacks NK first they will 'not accept' a US war with NK.

Trump seems to have military ED like Obama did when he wanted to but couldn't invade Syria.

What's next - some kind of colour revolution in NK (not likely) or ISIS rocking up and appearing out of nowhere?
                      Yeah you are probably right about trump - all that military power and spending and no-one to blow up...

Comment

Working...
                      X