• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 British Neo-Nazis Arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish all religions could be banned and being a member would mean a lengthy spell in prison.

Think of all those churches that would be ripe for conversions, do like a good church conversion.

Comment

Take a real good long look at some of those "banned" organisations on that list. As I had previously said, one man's terrorist group is another man's freedom fighter.

The British Government simply asserts that any group that it doesn't like are simply "terrorists" and due to the terrorism boogeyman rhetoric we've been force-fed to fear these last few decades, everyone agrees.

Reminds me very much of this chilling statement:

“Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”
      Made by Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
        The British Government simply asserts that any group that it doesn't like are simply "terrorists" and due to the terrorism boogeyman rhetoric we've been force-fed to fear these last few decades, everyone agrees.
        The set of groups that are on the proscibed list is only a sub-set of the set of organisations that the British government doesn't like. Therefore, you are talking tulipe.

Comment

And you know what the law is, don't you?

It's still technically illegal to walk down the street carrying a plank of wood. Or to handle a salmon in "suspicious" circumstances. Or even to be drunk in a pub.

All fine laws every one of them, I'm sure.

Or perhaps some laws should never have been made "law" in the first place?
          OH FFS, you slow bastard.

Here you go.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement
          https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/...k_annex_a.html
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            The set of groups that are on the proscibed list is only a sub-set of the set of organisations that the British government doesn't like. Therefore, you are talking tulipe.
            You're being purposefully obtuse by drawing attention to the specific "proscribed" list. It's merely semantics. Proscribed, banned, made illegal whatever. It amounts to the same thing.

Comment

You're being purposefully obtuse by drawing attention to the specific "proscribed" list. It's merely semantics. Proscribed, banned, made illegal whatever. It amounts to the same thing.
              OK then.

The set of groups that are on the banned or illegal or whatever list is only a sub-set of the set of organisations that the British government doesn't like. Therefore, you are talking tulipe.

Happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                OH FFS, you slow bastard.
                I'm starting to think Brexit is too good for them.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  I'm starting to think Brexit is too good for them.
                  would be nice for you to start thinking.

sorry, I seem to be affected by sassy and his cretinous insults.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    The fact that it breaks the law of the land.

HTH.
                    In the 1640s the law of the land was that Parliament was dissolved when the King said it was. That ended well didn't it?

Seriously, if people are prosecuted and imprisoned for thought offences and immoderate words, the Government risks bottling up feelings, not all unjustified, that might lead to far worse forms of extremism a few years down the line.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      would be nice for you to start thinking.
                      You're already struggling to keep up without me having to think.

Comment

Working...
                      X