• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now I know why some of you are sexist...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm sure they do have an evidence base but I'm not going to go digging around for it.

I'll agree that some men still want to regress to unequal status. In the same vein there are a lot of men who have become too 'gentle' to the point that they believe that to get what they want out of their relationships they need to be 'nice' and bend over backwards trying to please their other half and that any kind of pushback on their part is aggressive and 'patriarchal'.

I'm all for equality where both sides express themselves unreservedly, live their own lives without asking for permission and get along just fine.

Some snowflakes would disagree though as man shaming continues - as does 'white privilege' shaming and all the other 1st world problems they keep getting offended about. Unfortunately snowflakeism is just on the rise...
    This man had no trouble "asserting" himself, a fitness freak too

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-path-of-bus
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You are fairly sure they don't so that will do for me and I'm fairly sure they do.
      In which peer reviewed journals do you think the relevant studies are published?

Comment

You're probably right! I've been told that MAMIL is not an option and will be grounds for instant divorce so heavy weights it is...
        Well she is protecting you from yourself...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Well she is protecting you from yourself...
          Yes - we are in complete agreement about the MAMIL thing - no need to assert any rights there. She does tend to know what's best for me
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            This man had no trouble "asserting" himself, a fitness freak too

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...to-path-of-bus
            That's not assertion it's just another guy whose employer/client will decide they don't require his services.

The entire point of running in London and other cities is to do practise the pavement side step then if some chugger or a mugger comes up to you, you can swiftly avoid them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              In which peer reviewed journals do you think the relevant studies are published?
              I'm pretty sure they are out there and I'm not going to go foraging for them for you. Congratulations if that's a win for you - the books themselves are 'evidence' enough for me

If you want to hunt them down these are 2 of the books I read that talk about it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-More-Mr-...re+mr+nice+guy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Superio...e+superior+man

It's along the lines of human brains not having caught up to modern life still being wired for survival mode where life was very dangerous. In a lot of areas I've learnt about our brains being neurologically wired for primitive situations that are not appropriate for today's world (eg. fight/flight reflex).
              Last edited by Jog On; 8 August 2017, 11:24.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are out there and I'm not going to go foraging for them for you. Congratulations if that's a win for you

If you want to hunt them down these are 2 of the books I read that talk about it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-More-Mr-...re+mr+nice+guy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Superio...e+superior+man

It's along the lines of human brains not having caught up to modern life still being wired for survival mode where life was very dangerous.
                It's not really a win for anyone. It just sounds as if you may be having some kind of breakdown, and crap like this is unlikely to help.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  It's not really a win for anyone. It just sounds as if you may be having some kind of breakdown, and crap like this is unlikely to help.
                  Because I've become more assertive in my relationship and we're both happier for it? Ok...

Comment

Because I've become more assertive in my relationship and we're both happier for it? Ok...
                    I'm glad for you both.

Comment

Try putting Old Greg on ignore. A tedious troll.

In the past he realized when he was having a breakdown and would take a few months off. Things are now so bad he cannot tell when to quit.

Hopefully he will be sectioned soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X