• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now I know why some of you are sexist...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In what way is that evidence for your assertion:

hen pecking and 'testing' is just a woman's way of saying "man! man! there's a man in there somewhere goddammit, I don't want a jellyfish I want a man! - prod prod prod..."

Something to do with evolutionary wiring where she needs to know he is able to protect the cave while she's nursing the kids and as soon as he stops displaying that reassurance she has to whip him into shape..
    I don't see that the study you mention addresses your position at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      In what way is that evidence for your assertion:

I don't see that the study you mention addresses your position at all.
      Here's one

https://www.reddit.com/r/marriedredp...test_examples/
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Retreating to reddit as your evidence base. Still, you can all be in your special safe place, where you can remain angry and confused about the modern realities of having relationships on an equal basis.

Comment

Retreating to reddit as your evidence base. Still, you can all be in your special safe place, where you can remain angry and confused about the modern realities of having relationships on an equal basis.
          It's covered in a good few books as well (NMMNG) but I CBA to go looking for it. I only care about what's worked to turn things around for my situation. None of this may apply to you or your situation which is great - but for people who are affected by it it's relevant.

The notion that men get nagged because they have become 'snowflakes' (your term) and their other halves are doing to bring out their backbones and get them to grow a pair kind of makes sense. The key concept is no one's criticizing the women for doing it or expecting them to change. It's the men who need to change themselves if they want their situation to improve. Then they can enjoy a relationship on an equal basis as you put it.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's covered in a good few books as well (NMMNG) but I CBA to go looking for it. I only care about what's worked to turn things around for my situation. None of this may apply to you or your situation which is great - but for people who are affected by it it's relevant.

The notion that men get nagged because they have become 'snowflakes' (your term) and their other halves are doing to bring out their backbones and get them to grow a pair kind of makes sense. The key concept is no one's criticizing the women for doing it or expecting them to change. It's the men who need to change themselves if they want their situation to improve. Then they can enjoy a relationship on an equal basis as you put it.
            And these books are generally nonsense unless they have an evidence base.

I wasn't saying men are nagged because they are snowflakes. I am saying that some men appear to be snowflakes because they cannot abide modern relationships based on equal status between men and women.

Comment

And these books are generally nonsense unless they have an evidence base.

I wasn't saying men are nagged because they are snowflakes. I am saying that some men appear to be snowflakes because they cannot abide modern relationships based on equal status between men and women.
              I'm sure they do have an evidence base but I'm not going to go digging around for it.

I'll agree that some men still want to regress to unequal status. In the same vein there are a lot of men who have become too 'gentle' to the point that they believe that to get what they want out of their relationships they need to be 'nice' and bend over backwards trying to please their other half and that any kind of pushback on their part is aggressive and 'patriarchal'.

I'm all for equality where both sides express themselves unreservedly, live their own lives without asking for permission and get along just fine.

Some snowflakes would disagree though as man shaming continues - as does 'white privilege' shaming and all the other 1st world problems they keep getting offended about. Unfortunately snowflakeism is just on the rise...

Comment

I'm sure they do have an evidence base but I'm not going to go digging around for it.
                ]
                I'm fairly sure they don't.

In the same vein there are a lot of men who have become too 'gentle' to the point that they believe that to get what they want out of their relationships they need to be 'nice' and bend over backwards trying to please their other half and that any kind of pushback on their part is aggressive and 'patriarchal'.
                Is there any evidence base for this? Or is it just misogynistic propaganda?

Some snowflakes would disagree though as man shaming continues - as does 'white privilege' shaming and all the other 1st world problems they keep getting offended about. Unfortunately snowflakeism is just on the rise...
                What is your point about Mary Beard? SHe has over the years suffered terrible abuse:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-twitter-abuse

How are you turning that around to support your views on man-shaming and/or snowflakeism?

Comment

I'm fairly sure they don't.

Is there any evidence base for this? Or is it just misogynistic propaganda?

What is your point about Mary Beard? SHe has over the years suffered terrible abuse:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-twitter-abuse

How are you turning that around to support your views on man-shaming and/or snowflakeism?
                  I'm "fairly sure"

Comment

I'm "fairly sure"
                    It's difficult to be completely sure, as you are the one who knows what books you are talking about.

Comment

It's difficult to be completely sure, as you are the one who knows what books you are talking about.
                      You are fairly sure they don't so that will do for me and I'm fairly sure they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X