• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Challenge to Chico

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    Interesting tactic. When you find a question you can't answer, you just change the question.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's just occurred to me who created God. The worlds first politician did.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        It's just occurred to me who created God. The worlds first politician did.
        The world will not have peace until the last politician is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Comment

I don't actually believe in one almighty god, I was merely throwing coals onto the debate. But here is something else to bear in mind when considering chaos theory:
          "Chaos even has applications outside of science. Computer art has become more realistic through the use of chaos and fractals. Now, with a simple formula, a computer can create a beautiful, and realistic tree. Instead of following a regular pattern, the bark of a tree can be created according to a formula that almost, but not quite, repeats itself.

Music can be created using fractals as well. Using the Lorenz attractor, Diana S. Dabby, a graduate student in electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has created variations of musical themes. ("Bach to Chaos: Chaotic Variations on a Classical Theme", Science News, Dec. 24, 1994) By associating the musical notes of a piece of music like Bach's Prelude in C with the x coordinates of the Lorenz attractor, and running a computer program, she has created variations of the theme of the song. Most musicians who hear the new sounds believe that the variations are very musical and creative."
          The mild-mannered contractor

Comment

It assumes the universe has a beginning but God does not. Why not? That's just an assumption that is skated over by defining God as one who is outside time. Why is that assumption made? Where is the evidence for it? We can define a word/concept to be anything we want, that doesn't make it true.

It's ridiculous logic like this which makes Christians a laughing stock .....

Next ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ha!

Loved this bit...

Does the universe have a beginning?

Oscillating universe ideas were popularized by atheists like the late Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov solely to avoid the notion of a beginning, with its implications of a Creator. But as shown above, the Laws of Thermodynamics undercut that argument. Even an oscillating universe cannot overcome those laws. Each one of the hypothetical cycles would exhaust more and more usable energy.
              Surely, the net amount of energy in a Universe is constant!

It doesn't get used up and go to some other place, does it?

Love it when flakes quote scientific principles (i.e. Laws of Thermodynamics) to garner credibility, only to blow it by misunderstanding those principles, or selectively rejecting other, equally valid principles.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                Ha!

Loved this bit...

Surely, the net amount of energy in a Universe is constant!

It doesn't get used up and go to some other place, does it?

Love it when flakes quote scientific principles (i.e. Laws of Thermodynamics) to garner credibility, only to blow it by misunderstanding those principles, or selectively rejecting other, equally valid principles.

Missed that bit. It wasn't necessary to go that far

Over to you, Chico. Do you feel like defending your crappy "cut and paste"?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Missed that bit. It wasn't necessary to go that far

Over to you, Chico. Do you feel like defending your crappy "cut and paste"?
                  I'm willing to bet that 'self-styled' atheists like Sagan and Asimov had a shed load more brains to apply to the matter than the God-bothering clowns.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Oscillating universe ideas were popularized by (self-styled obviously) atheists like the late Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov solely to avoid the notion of a beginning, with its implications of a Creator. But as shown above, the Laws of Thermodynamics undercut that argument.
                    Whack whack ooops!

What a crock of bollocks.

Chico, have some bloody backbone and read some of the "christian answers" nonsense before blindly posting.

And if God doesnt need a cause, why should the universe need a cause? In reply, Christians should use the following reasoning:
                    Oh, here we go: in order to promote a truth, we need instructions. Just like a fecking call center support line.

It's christian soundbites for a non-thinking demographic. No doubt encouraged by the self-styled Americanised HTB clan.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      You do know the difference between "faith" and "proof" I hope...
                      Faith has big tits and is currently in the jungle

Comment

Working...
                      X