• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote Leave chief who created £350m NHS lie on bus admits leaving EU could be an error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The best way to deal with Eurosceptics is to support Brexit, so they get to experience it.

Soup kichens - humanitarian aid form EU

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Motor manufacturers are probably waiting to find out how much they can squeeze out of the EU to build plants elsewhere in the EU, or perhaps even outside the EU. They already know the Germans will see to it that there are no tariffs on cars between the EU and UK (for reasons we already know, so there's no need to go over it again) so it may simply be the case that the EU want to shaft the UK by tempting manufacturers away with their nifty little backhanders, sorry, loans. It might even work for a while, until people realise the car they thought they were buying wasn't built where they thought it was built. Would you be happy to pay German prices for a supposedly German car built in Romania? And if you found out your Ford was now made in Turkey, would you still want one quite as much? This isn't the 1970's anymore, we can now actually build stuff that won't fall apart within a fortnight, but when the EU starts bribing car-makers to build their factories somewhere else, it does start to look just a little bit wrong.
      How about Nissans made in UK and sold in EU, or Hondas from Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        More than prepared to believe that the remain campaign lied as you say but you haven't shown me any. You let yourself down badly with ww3. Now is your chance.
        I sense you enjoyed the methodology of the connoisseurs porkie. Don't be shy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          Where did you hear that

Car plants tend to be on multi-year plans. It will be quite a few years before production can be moved.

The UK market is presently down which will cut the number of shifts. But that might just be cyclical - sales have been high until recently.
          You know better than people who actually make cars in UK?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            So it was going down prior to 2016?

Of course it was why invest in the UK when you can invest in the old Eastern block countries for a huge reduction in wages.

Or just employ immigrants for substantially less than the locals.

It's a race to the bottom and I'm out.
            Yes, in second half of 2016 for some reason it dropped...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I sense you enjoyed the methodology of the connoisseurs porkie. Don't be shy.
              You don't want to back up your allegations for whatever reason. I can't remember any Remain lies - maybe I've forgotten them. So remind me and I'll choose. Otherwise, I'll just chuckle to myself at your ww3 nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Yawn.

Does anyone GAF about the red bus?

Honestly.
                Indeed. Thank goodness for blue buses.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  You don't want to back up your allegations for whatever reason. I can't remember any Remain lies - maybe I've forgotten them. So remind me and I'll choose. Otherwise, I'll just chuckle to myself at your ww3 nonsense.
                  To be fair there was one blatant lie - that the economy will crash after Brexit, the truth is that economy is crashing even before Brexit happened...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    To be fair there was one blatant lie - that the economy will crash after Brexit, the truth is that economy is crashing even before Brexit happened...
                    Blame Gidiot
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Blame Gidiot
                      Problem is that current lot will make him look like great statesmen

Comment

Working...
                      X