• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else is buying British and avoiding EU goods where possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    First of all, what goods? Now say that Britain decides to make theses goods that everyone wants, where will they get the raw materials from nad then, who is going to make them? Maybe that Brexiter and all round patriot Dyson might move his manufacturing back to the UK
    Here he is, the British hating sausage sucker from north rhine westphalia.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Here he is, the British hating sausage sucker from north rhine westphalia.....
      He drives a BMW though unlike your Micra
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        He drives a BMW though unlike your Micra
        Every ****er in Germany drives a German car.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Every ****er in Germany drives a German car.
          Yeah aren't the ****ers lucky?
          A BMW is like an Astra here
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anyway I've enjoyed my excellent French red today. so fook that buy British crap.

Nighty night.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

Why I should import lettuce If I can produce better quality lettuce.
              Do you know what Protectionism is? I don't think so.

You've just proved you don't.
              HTH. BIKIW.

Nonsense

So, for you, we need to buy all the junk from the EU for not to be considered protectionist.

Buying what we produce doesn't mean that it's against the free trade and importations, the only difference is importing only what the country needs.

Comment

Yeah aren't the ****ers lucky?
                A BMW is like an Astra here
                Dim is just looking to introduce a North Korean style autarky. It fits neatly with the Leninist crush the saboteurs thing. Get your name down on the waiting list for a British Leyland vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

Nonsense

So, for you, we need to buy all the junk from the EU for not to be considered protectionist.

Buying what we produce doesn't mean that it's against the free trade and importations, the only difference is importing only what the country needs.
                  You're a bit slow, no?
                  Protectionism is buying junk from your own country purely because its from your country.
                  The opposite is buying the best stuff wherever it comes from.
                  The former doesn't work because you encourage crap to be produced in your country (like the Austin Allegro) and that is not a long term proposition.
                  So it's been tried here before but Dim doesn't know that , maybe because he's an immigrant.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're a bit slow, no?

Read my posts again and check who is slow here.

Protectionism is buying junk from your own country purely because its from your country.
                    The opposite is buying the best stuff wherever it comes from.
                    The former doesn't work because you encourage crap to be produced in your country (like the Austin Allegro) and that is not a long term proposition.
                    So it's been tried here before but Dim doesn't know that , maybe because he's an immigrant.
                    In this case, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I already buy quite a number of British goods.

Meat
                      Vegetables
                      Cheese
                      Beer
                      Shoes
                      Jumpers
                      Fishing Rods

I also use British suppliers for coffee, albeit only roasted here.

The one consistent quality of them all is they are second to none.
                      You get what you pay for, however

My next suit will be Savile Row, made by an Italian tailor who is the father of a friend with a whole life of tailoring experience.
                      Needless to say it has been offered at a very competitive price
                      Why not ask the friend with the lifetime tailoring experience to fit your suit, as opposed to his father?

Comment

Working...
                      X