• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I went from a 51 plate Saab with only 120k on the clock and a full Saab City London service history to my new car and I can tell you even with all the servicing you can get it's not as nice as a comfy warm new car when you are driving up the m4 in the rain.

I get an extra warm comfy feeling knowing that there is virtually no depreciation and the capital is invested elsewhere.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I get an extra warm comfy feeling knowing that there is virtually no depreciation and the capital is invested elsewhere.
      You only live once.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You only live once.
        You’re right. I will use the money saved to pay for a blow job with a hooker when driving along the M4
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You only live once.
          The depreciation is horrific. As soon as you leave the showroom you are down 20%(okay - 16.666% to shut up *******) as no-one will pay you back the VAT.

And whenever you leave it anywhere you worry.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I went from a 51 plate Saab with only 120k on the clock and a full Saab City London service history to my new car and I can tell you even with all the servicing you can get it's not as nice as a comfy warm new car when you are driving up the m4 in the rain.
            The question is the new car ££££ much nicer than your Saab? Yes, my Mum's new Benz was a good degree nicer than either of the two smokers I've had, but not tens of thousands nicer. Depends on the amount of spare cash you have I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Depends on the amount of spare cash you have I guess.
              That is the thing. I have heard of a Land Rover owner who buys a brand new one every 3 months. Never cleans it or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                That is the thing. I have heard of a Land Rover owner who buys a brand new one every 3 months. Never cleans it or anything.
                A friend's dad drivers round the shadier parts of south London (or at least what used to be) collecting his rent money in the most filthy lime green Bentley Continental GT known to man. It has all the accoutrements of a builder's van.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The depreciation is horrific.
                  It's depreciation of ones life one should worry about ...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    filthy lime green Bentley Continental GT known to man.
                    That's the thing - bright colour can help prevent accident as the car is more visible than black (that I had).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      That's the thing - bright colour can help prevent accident as the car is more visible than black (that I had).
                      When I say filthy, I'm not talking about the colour, the car is a total mess. Both the colour and its state are a deliberate two fingers up.

Comment

Working...
                      X