• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frozen shoulder - flippin heck it hurts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not frozen shoulder it seems. Pinched nerve (Cervical Radiculopathy sounds posher). Sounds a bit crap but it flipping hurts.

GP next to useless. Just feed you painkillers. Smirked when I asked about what to do next - i.e. dont bother - waiting list is massive. They won't give you cortisone injection either because its neck/spine.

Been for sports masage a few times which sort of helps (bloody hell the fella is rough mind!). Not sure what to try next. Chiropractor maybe.

Not nice to have I must admit...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Not frozen shoulder it seems. Pinched nerve (Cervical Radiculopathy sounds posher). Sounds a bit crap but it flipping hurts.

GP next to useless. Just feed you painkillers. Smirked when I asked about what to do next - i.e. dont bother - waiting list is massive. They won't give you cortisone injection either because its neck/spine.

Been for sports masage a few times which sort of helps (bloody hell the fella is rough mind!). Not sure what to try next. Chiropractor maybe.

Did you get a sick note?

Comment

I daren't click that link at clientco, but does the article say if it's a cause or a cure?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Osteopaths are better than chiropractors.

Perhaps some Pilates?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Did you get a sick note?
            Tell you what if I'd been a permie I'd have had a week off :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Osteopaths are better than chiropractors.

Perhaps some Pilates?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I daren't click that link at clientco, but does the article say if it's a cause or a cure?
                Ha ha me too. Better not.

Comment

Tell you what if I'd been a permie I'd have had a week off :-)
                  Statutory sickness benefit not good enough for you anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Have you tried using your left hand for a while? But, if hand action causes the problem, then buy or make an artificial vagina and thrust into it as if in normal intercourse, possibly simulating a position that does not apply weight or stress to your arm and shoulder.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Chiropractor appt this week.
                      Must admit I'm a little unsure about chiro. Something in the back of my mind tells me its snake oil. Took my daugher to one for severe colic when she was born - few £ gone for sod all that was.

Hey ho - its not expensive though for me. £17 for two treatments - good old groupon.

Seems to have been a scare about chiros killing a few people in the past doing the old neck thing. Bit worrying. But if you look at the facts we're looking at 1.5 problems per million so not much of an issue here. Sounds a bit like the MMR injection scare to me. Experts are divided on it to be honest. I think at worse it will do bugger all.

Will probably tell them to lay off the back cracking thing mind. Dont fancy that.

Comment

Working...
                      X