• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    I was reading about Populous a while back. A very interesting concept IMO.
    Anyone remember the game?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
      I was reading about Populous a while back. A very interesting concept IMO.
      This is the one I think that'll pay your invoices in 24 hours, to maintain cashflow? Certainly is very interesting. I remember in the early days of contracting when times were tight I had to clear an invoice in one week of charging, waiting 45 days was nonsense. Others were 30 days. But we've all been there. The agency oh who was it.. er beginning with P is all I can remember were charging me 3% to clear in 7-days. Yup you're trying to get on your feet... Anyway something like Populous offers a solution to this right now..
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Anyone remember the game?

Sure yeah, that old...

Comment

Hey scoot, know anything about IOTA and NEO? They seem to be low enough to get new starters trading. IOTA alone would have quadrupled your investment, seems to be going up from 0.15 to 0.55+

Comment

Bitcoin going very well at the moment.

I stuck £7K of my pension fund into a Bitcoin tracker (on H-L) and its up about £1400 already.

Comment

I stuck £7K of my pension fund into a Bitcoin tracker (on H-L) and its up about £1400 already.
              Didn't know HL had one of those - is it a fund or ETF?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Didn't know HL had one of those - is it a fund or ETF?
                XBT Provider AB Bitcoin Tracker One Share Price

Comment

Based on what you said went up and BTC prices I would say you only invested recently?
                  How does the actual tracker work because I don't get it, do you simply buy stocks for Bitcoin Tracker One/Bitcoin Tracker EUR?

I just realised that etoro allows you to buy bitcoins too. Seems safer than going through God knows what exchange especially after I just received this e-mail:

Dear XXXX,

Our team has noticed suspicious activities on the LiteBit servers on the 5th of August 2017. We regret to inform you that someone without authorization had access to LiteBit data. There has been no intrusion on our wallet servers, all coins owned by clients are safe. The intruder also didn’t have access to any of the uploaded verification documents (such as your identity card or your passport).

The cause of this breach is known and has already been solved. It is not clear if the intruder has stolen user data. In the worst case scenario the intruder has had access to your email address, hashed password, IBAN, phone number, address and your portfolio data.

So in 2009, $1 = 1309 BTC
                  In 2017 1 BTC = $3300

$5 worth would allow you to buy your own country) In all honesty I still don't get it.
                  Last edited by Drei; 9 August 2017, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
                    Based on what you said went up and BTC prices I would say you only invested recently?
                    How does the actual tracker work because I don't get it, do you simply buy stocks for Bitcoin Tracker One/Bitcoin Tracker EUR?

I just realised that etoro allows you to buy bitcoins too. Seems safer than going through God knows what exchange especially after I just received this e-mail:

So in 2009, $1 = 1309 BTC
                    In 2017 1 BTC = $3300

$5 worth would allow you to buy your own country) In all honesty I still don't get it.
                    About a month ago.

Its there to buy as a fund. You don't directly buy bitcoins - you buy into this fund. The fund I guess tracks bitcoin to some degree.

You have to go through a few things first. Like reading some document and accepting this as a special risk. I guess H-L don't want you moaning when bitcoin goes down to $1.
                    After all it is fairly volatile - sticking your whole pension in there would be a bit nuts.

Comment

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X