• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    One for the bookmark... buy when there's blood on the streets. Have checked over the last year, a surprisingly good indicator.

https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/
    stuck another small chunk in this morning as it happens.
    even spread of bat, drgn, neo, vet, and cnd
    also made some nice gains on the recent pumps of rdd and etc. might be looking at my first loss for a while though...rlc...sold a little too early and missed the last 10% up. should hopefully catch a decent retracement for a small profit to save the day. if anyone has any rlc I recommend you look at the chart
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Cryptocurrency Fraud Cost UK Investors £2 Million This Summer

https://www.investopedia.com/news/cr...illion-summer/

CFTC wins cryptocurrency court case

" A New York federal court entered final judgment ordering Patrick K. McDonnell of Staten Island, New York, and CabbageTech, Corp. d/b/a Coin Drop Markets (CDM), McDonnell’s New York-based company, to pay over $1.1 million in civil monetary penalties and restitution in connection with a lawsuit brought by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) alleging fraud in connection with virtual currencies, including Bitcoin and Litecoin. "

https://www.finextra.com/pressarticl...ncy-court-case

Comment

China shuts down blockchain news accounts, bans hotels in Beijing from hosting cryptocurrency events

China has shut down numerous blockchain-related news accounts on the WeChat social app, and banned hotels in downtown Beijing from hosting events promoting cryptocurrencies, in a renewed crackdown on activities related to the digital money.

https://www.scmp.com/tech/article/21...ocurrency-news

Who controls "mining" of the main tulipcoin? Chinese "miners". What would happen to them soon? Nothing good, leading to certain crash of this ponzi scheme.

Comment

goody - sounds like I might be able to pick up some cheap Bitcoin soon!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Seems China are following other countries concerned about unregulated ICOs and scammers.

They may also be concerned about their citizens having access to uncontrollable cryptos such as bitcoin, which doesn't sit well with their views on freedom such as current internet censorship.

They may also be worried about long term risk to their FIAT currency much the same way Turkey has tried to protect its Lira.

So apart from ICO tulipcoins and scammers the rest is a thumbs up to bitcoin as a way to get ahead of the FIAT collapse and global financial risk that holding future worthless currency gives.

Forget tulipcoins tied to USD, we need one tied to loafs of bread and tins of beans.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

UK banks, including Coinbase partner Barclays, still appear very crypto unfriendly ...

"Scott Snaith, 50cycles.com, Twickenham"
              “HSBC/Barclays personal & business accounts frozen for using Localbitcoins to exchange BTC to fiat, depositing to personal account"
              "HSBC reinstated, Barclays still frozen"

Comment

Nationwide is the most friendly I've found so far. Payments from coinbase > NW, no problem. The other way round though....

Of course the government may take away my UK bank accounts after March next year, so Bitcoin it is.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Nationwide is the most friendly I've found so far. Payments from coinbase > NW, no problem. The other way round though....

Of course the government may take away my UK bank accounts after March next year, so Bitcoin it is.
                  Why ain’t you using your German bank accounts for your dirty tulipcoin spekulations?

Comment

Everyone knows London is the banking fraud capital of the world. Where else?

Comment

Everyone knows London is the banking money laundering capital of the world. Where else?
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X