• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've gone for printing out graphs on A3 and sticking them up on the wall with the buy in level clearly marked.
    hmmm... inneresting I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      So...sell after the alt rally and before the BTC rally. Sounds like a plan.
      This is what I should have done last year - but hey ho.

If you check out coin market leading up to May/June you'll notice a number of alt's rallied and then BTC after the conference. So my plan is if I'm holding an alt that's gone 10x then I'll put it into BTC up until the end of July or BTC correction at around $30k. I'll buy back into my alts/project in the autumn.

Timing will be everything. You can of course not do this trade. Just hang until the end of the year. However, in hindsight, I realise at the end of last year I could have 8-10x my money.

It would be worth taking a month off the day job just to focus on this trade.

And then after Bitcoin toward the end of July.

Last edited by scooterscot; 20 March 2018, 15:32.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
        hmmm... inneresting I'm sure

If nothing else it makes for a interesting office wallpaper.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I see that one of those who made money from contractors is branching out into virtual currency with some form of crowd funding idea.

Ultimo's Michelle Mone and Doug Barrowman launch $75 million Equi ICO - Business Insider

Obviously moving on from contractors.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

This is what I should have done last year - but hey ho.

If you check out coin market leading up to May/June you'll notice a number of alt's rallied and then BTC after the conference. So my plan is if I'm holding an alt that's gone 10x then I'll put it into BTC up until the end of July or BTC correction at around $30k. I'll buy back into my alts/project in the autumn.

Timing will be everything. You can of course not do this trade. Just hang until the end of the year. However, in hindsight, I realise at the end of last year I could have 8-10x my money.

It would be worth taking a month off the day job just to focus on this trade.
            So...the million dollar question (from my point of view). I realise the 10x is a fairly fluid and arbitrary multiplier but 10x what? 10x the price now or 10x the price before the correction? There's a significant difference between the two in some cases (4x-5x). Just trying to dial in what you're looking for as I don't want to exit too early. Would rather exit a bit late tbh as the last parts of the pumps prior to this have been epic and the corrections rather drawn out
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
              So...the million dollar question (from my point of view). I realise the 10x is a fairly fluid and arbitrary multiplier but 10x what? 10x the price now or 10x the price before the correction? There's a significant difference between the two in some cases (4x-5x). Just trying to dial in what you're looking for as I don't want to exit too early. Would rather exit a bit late tbh as the last parts of the pumps prior to this have been epic and the corrections rather drawn out
              6-10x the satoshi value - ignore the dollar value.

Always exit on the way up. Exiting late after the hill is difficult, the demand melts away and you're chasing the price down.

When you find yourself hanging on for more, that's the greed taking over.

Comment

6-10x the satoshi value - ignore the dollar value.

Always exit on the way up. Exiting late after the hill is difficult, the demand melts away and you're chasing the price down.

When you find yourself hanging on for more, that's the greed taking over.
                satoshi value as it is now, then?
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Weak hands will always buy high and sell low.
                  Latest 'lending Ponzi inspired get rich quick' crypto scheme .. 'proof of weak hands 3D' (PoWH3D), really taken off in last 3 days following strong shilling by infamous Bitconnect lads including Grant and James. Successor to the short lived but cracked 'proof of week hands' DApp which was itself based on Dr. Jochen Hoenicke's Ethereum 'PonziToken'
                  https://test.jochen-hoenicke.de/eth/ponzitoken/

https://powh.trade/
                  https://powh.io/

1) Doesn't attempt to hide that it's a pyramid/ponzi - in fact celebrates it with humour
                  2) It's a Ethereum DApp .. no human admin, open source, will run 'forever' on the Ethereum main network so no cease and desists possible for this one. Take that SEC ! Here's the code, 808 lines of Ponzi goodness:
                  https://etherscan.io/address/0xb3775...5c091efbe#code

How does it work ?
                  Buy - 10% of buy price given to existing PoWH3D holders ('dividends' for all holders). Buy causes token price rise.
                  Sell (weak hands) - 10% of sell price given to existing PoWH3D holders ('dividends' for all holders)
                  Need price to rise 20% before sell to make a profit
                  Buy/Sell anytime, no timed lock ins
                  Affliate program - 3% of buy price, 7% of buy price to other POWH3D holders
                  Early buyers (top of pyramid) gain the most - until they get 'weak hands' and sell.
                  Curtains for all if everyone sells or DApp hacked (stack overflow attacks etc).

Gonna be some big quick gainers (and plenty of losers) from this 'un.... and many, many clones.

Comment

Loopring (LRC) - had not realised it is now on Bittrex.

Nice volume trying to get in.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 21 March 2018, 10:25.

Comment

Loopring (LRC) - had not realised it is not on Bittrex.

Nice volume trying to get in.
                      Flying on Binance.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X