• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    a car, - not fiscal currency.

Comment

Well after lots of research and several small investments over the weekend I’m only seeing green on my portfolio summary.

Who thinks we have hit the bottom? Or do you think its simply Monday morning trading?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

lots bouncing back up this morning. QTUM doing well...presumably because it's just been paired with USD on binance
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Who thinks we have hit the bottom? Or do you think its simply Monday morning trading?
          The overall crypto market is just a smidge over $300b. Some weeks ago it was over $700b. The crypto market is expected to hit near $5trillion in 12 months.

I'd safely call it bottom if you're holding for this year. You'll never see returns in this year again in your life.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Watching SNTBTC right now. It's had a bit of a tear this morning and is looking like it's either just finished wave 4 of a larger wave 1 or wave 2 of the overall larger impulse. hard to tell at the moment as subwave 1 (if that's what it is) is difficult to make out. i'd say there's a good chance to sell and buy the dip coming up
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The overall crypto market is just a smidge over $300b. Some weeks ago it was over $700b. The crypto market is expected to hit near $5trillion in 12 months.

I'd safely call it bottom if you're holding for this year. You'll never see returns in this year again in your life.
              Initial G20 comments are quite bullish so far:

“The FSB’s initial assessment is that crypto-assets do not pose risks to global financial stability at this time,” FSB Chair Mark Carney said in a letter to G20 central bankers and finance ministers who will meet in Buenos Aires on Monday and Tuesday.
              https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN1GU0SF

Carney is showing muppet bahaviour though

Carney calls for crackdown on crypto-currency 'mania'

I'll be very happy is this is the bottom and now lambo time. Ideally I'd like to be loading up now but I'm not going to get into short term crypto trading until this correction is over and we're in a bull trend. I wonder if the pump & dumps we saw in alts will return - I'm kinda looking to that to build my major coin holdings. Not joining any schemes just buying unpumped alts, setting profit targets and waiting until it's their turn.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Currently looking for:
                QTUM to hit about 0.00198 and then I think it will retrace to about 0.00173-0.00168ish. Confirmation would be price going through 0.00189
                SNT to hit at least 0.00001700 (possibly up to 0.00001950) before retracing. Not sure on the level of retracement that's likely until we see how high it goes on the next impulse. Confirmation of the impulse for me would be price above 0.00001500

Comment

Have not been day trading since some point last year. Sure if I see a coin getting pumped over 24 hours for no reason I'll take advantage for coin accumulation otherwise, keep holding and carry on.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Have not been day trading since some point last year. Sure if I see a coin getting pumped over 24 hours for no reason I'll take advantage for coin accumulation otherwise, keep holding and carry on.
                    I'm doing the same but it raises a point...is doing that classed as not holding the coin and therefore a reset on the timer?
                    Would it be the same if you made your coins available to be shorted by someone? Technically you don't own them for that period when they're in use.
                    just not sure on that.

Comment

No idea. I hold in BTC until I go back in. All the matters for me is not to hold in fiat. Far as my accountant is concerned, the moment I put any crypto back into fiat that's when he's to be recorded.

Comment

Working...
                      X