• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Just call it what it is and EVERYONE knows what it means, stop being fecking lazy
    Listen up everyone...'short' is now a banned word in this forum.
    Please use the phrase "Exiting our holding in ALT X and re-entering at a later time to try and take advantage of a downturn in price"
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I'm thinking a test of 10k might be on the cards with maybe a bit of a battle around there - would like another dip as I just cashed the FIAT I cashed out a month or so again back in. Clearing into my bank then SEPA to Uphold might take until early next week...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Sell Holding that are Open and Return in Time - SHORT...no?
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I'm thinking a test of 10k might be on the cards with maybe a bit of a battle around there - would like another dip as I just cashed the FIAT I cashed out a month or so again back in. Clearing into my bank then SEPA to Uphold might take until early next week...
          I'd say the next big resistance is about 9300-9500

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            Listen up everyone...'short' is now a banned word in this forum.
            Please use the phrase "Exiting our holding in ALT X and re-entering at a later time to try and take advantage of a downturn in price"

What about if you're actually shorting it?

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              What about if you're actually shorting it?
              Forget it, it's futile.

Listen up the entire trading establishment, some shoe shine boys on CUK have redefined "short" / "shorting"!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I've been dripping FIAT into Uphold this week, to spread the risk around the exchanges while I build up enough positions to start pulling them into my own local wallets for longer hodling.

Been using debit card as bank transfer seems to take at least a day per hop (bank -> revolut (SEPA) -> exchange) and too much can change in that time so rather pay the few percent fee to get near instant crypto purchase.

It is funny seeing the amount change even in the few seconds I'm putting the details in for the purchase. I bet some stay on that screen to see just how favourable the new rate gets before confirming.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Are you watching Zencash? 52 sats and rising. This would be $100 by now at BTC old values.

I'm going to try and accumulate more when it hits between 56-60 and take a 'short' position.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Are you watching Zencash? 52 sats and rising. This would be $100 by now at BTC old values.

I'm going to try and accumulate more when it hits between 56-60 and take a 'short' position.
                    Yep, just bought enough extra to set up a secure node.

Comment

Bitcoin Cash seems to be another 'cash' on the rise. 23% up currently. Wonder what 'news' prompted that?
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X