• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I've got some spare GBP. Should I buy BTC now?
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 17 January 2018, 10:18.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Yeh still got to get my head around that. I still look at how much their all worth in $ and how much I can get if I cash out.
      You and the majority. The few who do are making a killing. Print that graph I put up yesterday of each year and hang it up on the wall with a plan to get out by the end of December.

Have increased my alt-coinage by about a third over the last month without spending any more FIAT just by accumulating.

Reading the Ripple channel on Reddit, full of folks who bought in a $3+ with the suicide hotline on speed dial. "It's going to $10" - and yet no one mentioned where it came from 20 days earlier, $0.20c!

If you're seeing a 1000%-1500% gain on your alt, exchange into BTC. Don't be a 'New Paradigm' newbie.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Your alts are all valued in BTC so even thoguh you don't have any actual BTC you have a value of them in your portfolio. As the alts go up in price relative to BTC you effectively gain BTC...which is what Scooter means. Assuming BTC goes up to where it's expected then it's a double winner...more bTC and higher value for it.
        I started with 0.25 BTC and although it's now down to 1.34BTC (from highest of 1.6) I'm very pleased so far
        You'll be joining the millionaires club by the end of the year.

If that BTC is in alt's and you accumulate up to 10 BTC.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Here's hoping. 2 is the next aim...then 5...then 10. small steps
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Your alts are all valued in BTC so even thoguh you don't have any actual BTC you have a value of them in your portfolio. As the alts go up in price relative to BTC you effectively gain BTC...which is what Scooter means. Assuming BTC goes up to where it's expected then it's a double winner...more bTC and higher value for it.
            I started with 0.25 BTC and although it's now down to 1.34BTC (from highest of 1.6) I'm very pleased so far
            You've done well there. I started with a similar amount but still haven't managed to trade up to a whole bitcoin. Was up to 0.75 at one point, 0.56 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Current ALTs are:
              SC, Zen, SALT, GNO, GEO, UKG, DNT, DCR, XMR, BCC, OMG, VTC, XVG, STEEM, 1ST, POWR, RDD, FTC, ADA, ETC, SYS, QTUM, SNT, XEM
              Quite a range but only small amounts in each
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                OK I've got some spare GBP. Should I buy BTC now?

Yes. If you've got £1k to spend do this: 50% today. 50% tomorrow or the day after. If it's lower, you've hedged and bought at a better price overall. If it's higher and you bought in, you've paid for you hedge

Bavarian radio for you... now I'm thinking he's not singing about Bitcoin.

'You spin my head right round right round when you go down down'

Comment

Ordered my mining rig on Monday. Market crashes Tuesday. Timing!

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    You've done well there. I started with a similar amount but still haven't managed to trade up to a whole bitcoin. Was up to 0.75 at one point, 0.56 at the moment.
                    lesson learned though...had i left it all in XLM, where I originally started, I owuld have had 60000 of them when I sold near the top....should have had about 4BTC worth by now. Won't be doing that again. Just need to ween myself off the daily checking of prices and leave it to my email alerts

Comment

Current ALTs are:
                      SC, Zen, SALT, GNO, GEO, UKG, DNT, DCR, XMR, BCC, OMG, VTC, XVG, STEEM, 1ST, POWR, RDD, FTC, ADA, ETC, SYS, QTUM, SNT, XEM
                      Quite a range but only small amounts in each
                      Awesome. Now just hold! (At least until May). And pay no attention to the dollar value.

Holding about 30 different alt's myself, all of above except for UKG.

Comment

Working...
                      X