• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    98, 99........
    100...get in
    Just remembering XVG, which was at this level about 2-4 weeks before it went through the roof to 2000

Here comes the expected sell off...
    Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 7 January 2018, 11:33.
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Sold my DOGE when BTC corrected. Was 80% or so up after being down for months. Never mind was only a relatively small amount.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        Sold my DOGE when BTC corrected. Was 80% or so up after being down for months. Never mind was only a relatively small amount.
        I have high hopes for it ...might be worth getting back in...even if it's just DOGE's 'turn'
        resistance above this seems to be at about 150 or so based on history
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Scoots I'm thinking of putting in £5k for the next 6 months or so. A gamble is how I see this - I want to put into a spread of 5 coins that could experience the kind of growth XLM, TRX and DENT have done for example.

What coins do you think are worth looking into for this kind of gamble? (and I call it a gamble rather than an investment because I completely realise that nothing is a guarantee here).
          In that case I'd give consideration to:

Storj (STORJ) - forming a cup 300% possible gain in the short term.

AdEx (ADX) - Looks like it's going up quickly, but take profits quickly too

GAS - backbone of the NEO network, GAS is going up

Loopring - should really give that more of a lookie, it'll explode like BitShares.

Put £1250 in each of those and you'll be smiling in the months to come I'm sure. I don't accept any responsibility!

If you still want a 5th, Forcecoin - I think this is very under the radar at the minute but I like what it can do right now, like Zencash. I think you could see this one go to a dollar very easily and it's only around $0.12c at the minute. Buying it is a struggle but then the gain would be worth it.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 7 January 2018, 12:21.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Never mind was only a relatively small amount.
            Those words might make you cry at the end of 2018.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

might be worth trying bittrex...the performance of the site has massively improved since yesterday so they may have sorted their issues
              Nope, still no new registrations being taken.

Will keep checking over coming days in case they are almost done with those upgrades but if anyone notices they've opened the front door in the meantime let us all know.

Will have to read back through this thread to see what other suggestions people haveput forward for services they've used that have been as good as can expect from the current bunch. Better to have a few different avenues and spread the 'investments' around in case any one of them comes a cropper.

I presume those services mentioned in recent pages are safe from triggering issues in the UK such as banks freezing accounts when transferring money between the account and the service or back again? Not heard much about that issue recently so hopefully it's easy to avoid.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Those words might make you cry at the end of 2018.
                Nah, what I sold it for has been invested into other more promising projects. At the end of the day, DOGE is an abandoned project. You're all about investing in solid projects with good people and backing, right?

Worth a gamble when the price is low, but it will probably only blow up because it's getting pumped.

Comment

Nah, what I sold it for has been invested into other more promising projects. At the end of the day, DOGE is an abandoned project. You're all about investing in solid projects with good people and backing, right?

Worth a gamble when the price is low, but it will probably only blow up because it's getting pumped.
                  I'm sure I read somewhere it is getting restarted shortly

Comment

I have high hopes for it ...might be worth getting back in...even if it's just DOGE's 'turn'
                    resistance above this seems to be at about 150 or so based on history
                    This is a great example where market analysis seems silly to me. When it was last at 150 sats, BTC was worth a fraction of what it is now. Look at the dollar value and it's at a crazy, parabolic ATH.

A coin created as joke with no active developmemt, no future strategy etc with a market cap approachi g $2 billion. resistance levels on the BTC chart are irrelevant in the context, Shirley?

Comment

This is a great example where market analysis seems silly to me. When it was last at 150 sats, BTC was worth a fraction of what it is now. Look at the dollar value and it's at a crazy, parabolic ATH.

A coin created as joke with no active developmemt, no future strategy etc with a market cap approachi g $2 billion. resistance levels on the BTC chart are irrelevant in the context, Shirley?
                      Your guess is as good as mine.
                      And don't call me Shirley

Comment

Working...
                      X