• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Yep, fully agree. There are fortunes to be made for a while yet, and then at some point, fortunes to be lost.
    The next year or so apparently (according to Scooter and his sources) and then it will be time to bail/cash out. That's why I'm planning a strategy that involves cashing out along the way - about 25% of each month's profits while having most hoddled in a hardware wallet and high risk/return alt trading profits topping up the major coin holdings (and cashing out).

My total is about 1.7 BTC now, just bagged 0.05 on last alt trade with a bunch of others open with potential to bag 0.05-0.1 each if they work out. Also hodling some of the more established alts (Stellar, LTC) with a view to seeing them grow a lot in 2018 if they become the 'transaction' currencies. Need some dash and ripple as well - which reminds me I'd better sell my gold ASAP.

If I'm sitting on around 5 BTC this time next year and a good chunk of ETH/LTC/XLM/XRP/DASH doing well I'll be happy. That's a lot of alt flipping...
    Last edited by Jog On; 16 December 2017, 15:11.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm still at .6 btc and going one step st a time. next is 1 then 2 then 4...hopefully 4 weeks or so apart.
      just been looking at stellar s graph on a 1 week scale..

looks like a lovely cup and handle forming :-) hope so
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        I'm still at .6 btc and going one step st a time. next is 1 then 2 then 4...hopefully 4 weeks or so apart.
        just been looking at stellar s graph on a 1 week scale..

looks like a lovely cup and handle forming :-) hope so
        Moon!!111!!

All Pump XLM Now!!!!111
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          If I'm sitting on around 5 BTC this time next year and a good chunk of ETH/LTC/XLM/XRP/DASH doing well I'll be happy. That's a lot of alt flipping...
          Sounds great! Unless 1 BTC is worth $100 by then....
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I wonder if BTC/USD will look a bit like XAG/USD

Silver Prices - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

Comment

DOGE finally back above what i bought it for. To the moon little Shiba!

Comment

Anyone running their own wallets on a desktop and using something like changelly or shapeshift rather than leaving their altcoins in an exchange wallet?

Seems riskier to me having all your private keys on an exchange like bittrex which supplies the wallet.

Comment

Siacoin (SC) is very cheap right now, just bought at 60 sats. Will hold for a few months, hoping for a good pump

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Anyone running their own wallets on a desktop and using something like changelly or shapeshift rather than leaving their altcoins in an exchange wallet?

Seems riskier to me having all your private keys on an exchange like bittrex which supplies the wallet.
                    I used shapeshift through jaxx wallet. Problem is it can only be as fast as the transfer, so buying with BTC is slow.

There is a risk, but one you'll have to take if you want to day trade. If you're buying and holding, your exposed is tiny as it will only be on the exchange while you do the trade.

I'm not worrying about what I have on there as my total portfolio is small (just hit £5K from a £1,700 investment ). When I have more than 1BTC I'll try to keep what I have on exchanges to the minimum.

Comment

This thread reminds me of the internet 2000 boom where people were buying any stocks which had a website thinking it was a pump deal

We all know what happened after that dont we

Comment

Working...
                      X