• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olly550 View Post
    There are software wallets such as electrum and jaxx that can store various coins in one place.
    Or you can just leave them in the exchange if you trust them, I think you can move the coins from the exchange to the 'exchange wallet' which usually means they are cold stored offline.
    If its large amounts then get yourself a hardware wallet like a nano ledger s.

My issue is that I am in and out of positions every few days so its costly and time consuming to push back and forth with a wallet. Set a really long password and 2FA though. For long term hodling defo just move them onto a hardware wallet.
    I'm looking at trading at least every day, so don't want to incur fees moving them in and out of an exchange.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      I'm looking at trading at least every day, so don't want to incur fees moving them in and out of an exchange.
      I keep all my alt trading stuff on the exchange (I use bittrex), they have a wallet for every coin on the exchange.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

My first ICO purchase just went live:

https://hitbtc.com/LOC-to-BTC

Opened and tanked straight down... Not joining that exchange either they have terrible reviews. This is 1.88 ETH I might never see again, but maybe it will get pumped soon - hopefully it will be on more exchanges by then.

Actually it tanked vs BTC but doing OK vs USD. Just noticed the 'trollbox' on bottom left of screen on hitbtc - they are trying to pump different coins, this stuff is mental...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

How about we form a CUK pump and dump syndicate? All agree on some small cap coin that we can all buy at once then sell. This seems to be how some alt coins work. You'd think it would be illegal to do this and it probably will be in a year or sooner.

Got to get into some of those telegram chat rooms where this is happening - seeing as PBC is closed for new subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            How about we form a CUK pump and dump syndicate? All agree on some small cap coin that we can all buy at once then sell. This seems to be how some alt coins work. You'd think it would be illegal to do this and it probably will be in a year or sooner.

Got to get into some of those telegram chat rooms where this is happening - seeing as PBC is closed for new subscribers.
            Not sure we have enough to make that work.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              Not sure we have enough to make that work.
              Doesn't stop Mr and Mrs American from entering the market...

https://www.citylab.com/life/2017/12...itcoin/548336/

“Most of them are taking out second mortgage lines of credit, which means they operate like credit cards,” he said. Homeowners can borrow up to around 80 percent of their mortgage, depending on the value of the home and their credit score, paying back that loan at an average interest rate of about 5 percent. But if they default, banks could foreclose on their homes. Borg estimates that most buyers he talks to are spending anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 on the cryptocurrency.
              If we sell all our BTL property we can all become crypto millionaires!

Comment

I keep all my alt trading stuff on the exchange (I use bittrex), they have a wallet for every coin on the exchange.
                The tsunami of greater fools are overwhelming the system...

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us...s/115003463331

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  Exactly.

What value it has? it's just a file on computer. A text file.
                  No it's everything the snowflake generation has dreamed of, immense riches and for no effort than clicking a buy button on a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    No it's everything the snowflake generation has dreamed of, immense riches and for no effort than clicking a buy button on a computer.

It's just a bull run where everyone's a genius, also it's not controlled/manipulated by big money (yet) so everyone's filling their boots while it's like this. Pump & dump syndicates/chatrooms/newsletters are a perfect example. This won't last and I think everyone knows this so it's like black Friday at the moment.

Regarding BTC and the other majors everyone's expecting it to go to $1m and desperately trying to get in while it's 'just' ~$18k. The finite amount is causing a bit of a stampede into it.

There are a lot of people like me - especially in Japan who have transferred from retail FX/stocks/commodities to this because it's just so well... easy at the moment compared to FX where my last trade was right, I got a good level, the idea worked out but I got stopped out by a stop hunt (because brokers and their liquidity providers know where the stops are) which happens all too regularly.

I won't be surprised if crypto get's regulated and exchanges start getting controlled by big banks/brokers and it just goes back to being like FX etc is now. But between now and then it's Wild West gold rush where you can take a five figure sum and bag 7 figures from it - cash out, buy a load of property/shares/funds etc - or fund a plan B or whatever. This stuff is happening right now...

Comment

It's just a bull run where everyone's a genius, also it's not controlled/manipulated by big money (yet) so everyone's filling their boots while it's like this. Pump & dump syndicates/chatrooms/newsletters are a perfect example. This won't last and I think everyone knows this so it's like black Friday at the moment.

Regarding BTC and the other majors everyone's expecting it to go to $1m and desperately trying to get in while it's 'just' ~$18k. The finite amount is causing a bit of a stampede into it.

There are a lot of people like me - especially in Japan who have transferred from retail FX/stocks/commodities to this because it's just so well... easy at the moment compared to FX where my last trade was right, I got a good level, the idea worked out but I got stopped out by a stop hunt (because brokers and their liquidity providers know where the stops are) which happens all too regularly.

I won't be surprised if crypto get's regulated and exchanges start getting controlled by big banks/brokers and it just goes back to being like FX etc is now. But between now and then it's Wild West gold rush where you can take a five figure sum and bag 7 figures from it - cash out, buy a load of property/shares/funds etc - or fund a plan B or whatever. This stuff is happening right now...
                      Yep, fully agree. There are fortunes to be made for a while yet, and then at some point, fortunes to be lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X