• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts

Was listening to a crypto podcast last night (Bad crypto on spotify - highly recommend) and they had an investment guru (with very good track record) who is very bullish on crypto an bitcoin.

Hew said that charts are pretty useless at this stage as BTC and all cryptos don't behave the same as traditional financial instruments. I tend to agree with him to some extent although I do see some behavioural response to moving averages (typical in a trending market) but some of the overbought/oversold oscillator indicators (MACD/RSI) I'd take with a pinch of salt and just gauge strength/weakness and momentum by size & strength of candles. Also ignore 'divergence' in a trending market.

BTC seems to be driven by mass crowd mania at the moment so I'm £ cost averaging whatever the price is and pumping alts. Pullbacks seem to be shallow and can be tied to fib levels & support resistance but as fas as technical analysis is concerned this appears to be a completely different animal.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What is going on with ETH today! Currently at $564.50 on Gdax! Up from $457 this morning. Very glad that I have majority of my holding in ETH right now, just need to figure out when the climb will stop to accumulate a few more coins. Almost pulled the trigger at $510, glad I didnt!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
        What is going on with ETH today! Currently at $564.50 on Gdax! Up from $457 this morning. Very glad that I have majority of my holding in ETH right now, just need to figure out when the climb will stop to accumulate a few more coins. Almost pulled the trigger at $510, glad I didnt!
        I've tried to move my ETH to exchange so I could make a trade quick. Not showing after a few hours Raised a support ticket, I can see it going to the right address in the block explorer and it's got plenty confirmations, so hopefully just a glitch.

Comment

Bought Waves and Strat earlier today. Waves volume has been increasing all month and has been climbing steadily this week against BTC. Approaching what looks to me like some resistance, so could break out if it climbs a bot higher.

Similar with strat, but not climing quite so much against BTC - been rising nicely against the dollar though, so could be a longer term hodl.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            I've tried to move my ETH to exchange so I could make a trade quick. Not showing after a few hours Raised a support ticket, I can see it going to the right address in the block explorer and it's got plenty confirmations, so hopefully just a glitch.
            I wouldn't try and trade it right now, looks so strong, I think it will hit $600 very soon

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
              I wouldn't try and trade it right now, looks so strong, I think it will hit $600 very soon
              Aye, but I can't trade it while it's in my wallet.

Comment

LTC is the rockstar for today. guy at cleintco who's been doing this a while thinks it might overtake ETH...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

My portfolio has gone from ~£17k last night to £19,491.95 as of now. Funded it with just over £10k over the last 3 weeks - this is crazy uncharted territory which whilst good is quite unnerving...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    LTC is the rockstar for today. guy at cleintco who's been doing this a while thinks it might overtake ETH...
                    Bought in and sold when it dropped twice now - kicking myself. I'm gonna leave it alone, would be pure FOMO if I went back in now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      My portfolio has gone from ~£17k last night to £19,491.95 as of now. Funded it with just over £10k over the last 3 weeks - this is crazy uncharted territory which whilst good is quite unnerving...
                      Mad isn't it. I started with $2600 about 4 weeks ago and now have $8500
                      i haven't really been that successful at trading either. Some good gains but nothing major
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X