• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If could be the 2nd bear trap, we'll see.. just not convinced by the market growth in the coming weeks. Nonetheless statistics don't lie.. I see an inverted H&S, which means BTC is going up. Will be back half my position for the very short! term. Perhaps we'll the $21k Fibonacci sequence number before a proper correction.

I think if institutional investors were pouring in we'd see tens of millions on the order books.

I've got my alert set to 16000...will buy back in around then I think...but will be watching it all day.
    Over the last few days I've managed to trade a couple of the dips but not for much money...always exit too early. yesterday I missed the massive upwards candle due to seeing it top out at about 14800 and expecting tit to drop. Should have checked my times....probably when chicago was in full swing
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

1D and 3D timeframes show bullish trends. Surely not.
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

fear it's going up.. this is just greed on steroids.

Think there's bigger gains to be made on BCH and ETC in the short term.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          fear it's going up.. this is just greed on steroids.

Think there's bigger gains to be made on BCH and ETC in the short term.
          You mean against the USD price? I'm currently watching BCH/BCC based on something I saw on tradingview.
          ETC...why do you think that?
          Ripple is also moving in a nice upwards channel and something on tradingview suggest 0.4 is a distinct possibility

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            You mean against the USD price? I'm currently watching BCH/BCC based on something I saw on tradingview.
            ETC...why do you think that?
            Ripple is also moving in a nice upwards channel and something on tradingview suggest 0.4 is a distinct possibility
            Yup against USD, and I'm holding much of it at the minute whilst the bitcoin fiasco unfolds. BCH looks promising in the short term with more gain than loading up with BTC, which still seems well risky.

December 12th 2017 Ethereum Classic (ETC) Hardfork
            - put a $***k in cash down, lets see what happens..

Ripple Ripple Ripple, think it'll be February before it explodes. It'll not shoot up until BTC shoots down.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I have offered....

Not sure if ONLY issue is the right way. Whos going to pump money into something amateurish?
              What exactly was your problem?

I thought the documentation was pretty good. Only had a couple of exception issues so far.

Comment

Been thinking about arbitrage opportunities - but not in relation to different exchanges but instead using different coins eg:

Buy a cheap 'major' coin (BTC/ETH/LTC etc), trade it for alts then trade the alts for BTC or other expensive 'major'.

Is anyone doing this or know of a good way to compare/overlay different coin prices to see what's undervalued vs what is soaring?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Been thinking about arbitrage opportunities - but not in relation to different exchanges but instead using different coins eg:

Buy a cheap 'major' coin (BTC/ETH/LTC etc), trade it for alts then trade the alts for BTC or other expensive 'major'.

Is anyone doing this or know of a good way to compare/overlay different coin prices to see what's undervalued vs what is soaring?
                  If I've read that correctly then I've been looking at it.
                  My thought process was...
                  Some alts can be bought with either BTC or ETH.
                  If one of them is over/undervalued, then there might be a route to profit by going (for example) down ETH to you r alt and then from there into BTC and back out to USD...making a profit just from price variations.
                  The calcs I've done show it doesn't really work (maybe a $ difference or so) in the examples I've chosen.
                  What I am doing at the moment is holding a couple of ALTs that can be bought with BTC or USD and then seening which way is the most profitable exit point. USD price may drop but the BTC price may go up. As long as BTC price hasn't dropped to compensate then it's worth exiting through BTC to USD.
                  Not sure if this will work but I'm trying it as I'm holding the ALTs anyway

Comment

Originally posted by finlay1888 View Post
                    What exactly was your problem?

I thought the documentation was pretty good. Only had a couple of exception issues so far.
                    Very disjointed. And the certificate section is plain wrong....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

I've seen a few arb algos on github for making money through coin pricing differences. They use an exchange API and shapeshift to make almost constant profits due to pricing differences.

Comment

Working...
                      X