• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    Just bought at 0.00073385. Let's hope you're right.
    Looking for 15-20% on this
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      Just bought at 0.00073385. Let's hope you're right.
      Yep, just got in on it too, 20 lsk @ 0.00073299
      Last edited by Agent; 6 December 2017, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Yeah, just a quick trade I think. I think I'm developing a strategy with these that if it's not moving in the right direction immediately (i.e. within an hour or so) I'll get out.

Comment

So consider getting out 0.000879 ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            So consider getting out 0.000879 ish?
            That's the previous peak it fell from so I'm looking about there....trying not to be greedy because it'll ball back just as fast sometimes
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

too much selling going on...think it'll drive it back down

Comment

Unregulated crypto margin trading - lose more than initial investment possible ? Any examples ?

liquidation margin hit = broker closes account. Good, should always happen.
                What if natural disaster, assassination, terrorist attack, server failure etc. sends the markets reeling and broker unable to liquidate .. ? Crypto moves can be biiiig.

Comment

Keeping an eye on Dash too. I think it may be at the bottom about now (~ 0.056). Not based on any real technical analysis, just that it seems to be bouncing around a certain range the last couple of weeks.

I might buy if it starts to to rise to about 0.0575 in the next hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                    CryptoKitties (buy, breed, sell virtual cats) now accounting for 25% of all ETH traffic !
                    This 1 week old game/digital asset market is huge - it's a game changer for crypto !

Saw one guy commenting:
                    "Before this game crypto price has been going parabolic, usage hasn't"
                    "99.5% of all crypto traffic was currency speculation before CryptoKitties"
                    "now a reason to worry about scaling .. actual usage, not just currency speculation"
                    "as stupid as it sounds, CryptoKitties will be written about in the history of cypto currencies, 3 - 5 years from now"
                    "game changer regarding adoption"

"@CryptoLou
                    Its taken me nearly an hour, but I've finally managed to purchased my first #cryptokitties Is it bad I wouldn't even consider paying this amount for a real kitten"

The following is yours for 1.9971 ETH ($918) ..

and the following, the 2nd most expensive kitty yet, cost the buyer over $100k

Sale price of 'top 10' kitties - not virtual or play money, real $s (well ETH equivalent thereof)

1) $114481.59
                    2) $102848.38
                    3) $87677.34
                    4) $81993.25
                    5) $78148.51
                    6) $73495.3
                    7) $70166.1
                    8) $67727.37
                    9) $62938.52
                    10) $60332.74

Nurse ! My medication.

Bonkers. It really is just like the tulip mania bubble.

Nothing physical to spend them on?
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

too much selling going on...think it'll drive it back down
                      Looks like a big sell order at .00075. i have no idea how this affects things though.

Comment

Working...
                      X