• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely this means its time to get out
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

what do we make of Venezuela's attempt to use crypto currency to get themselves out of their economic mess

how much value will a oil backed crypto have?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1DX0SQ

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        what do we make of Venezuela's attempt to use crypto currency to get themselves out of their economic mess

how much value will a oil backed crypto have?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1DX0SQ

So they back it by oil....What happens when the oil runs out? Aaaah it turns into a form USD which no one will want to hold.

Comment

However, Nice shirt

Comment

I noticed JP have been buying up quite a bit of bitcoin through a Danish subsidiary. Oh bankers - double dealing back stabbing barstewards

Incidentally he's not wrong. Remember you think BTC is expensive right now. But to hedge funds etc it's still cheap. If 1% on money that is currently invested in gold is transferred to bitcoin, bitcoin will shoot to over $500k a coin in a few years.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

bitcoin cash might be something to look at. Don't know much about it other than someone is trying to buy 3200 BTC's worth. Yeah, $35m.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm worried about keeping several hundred grand on bittrex and someone has $35m

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  $35m I've only got a bit of OMG lurking around bittrex

Comment

35m is pocket change if it's one of the billionaire gamblers or international drug cartels. Worry about percentage of your wealth exposure to risk rather than overall amount.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

bitcoin cash might be something to look at. Don't know much about it other than someone is trying to buy 3200 BTC's worth. Yeah, $35m.

The people I follow on twitter are generally against it. The people behind it are trying to claim it's 'the real bitcoin'.

While it is probably better than bitcoin in terms of faster confirmation times, that's probably because it's a smaller network and no one trades agains it. It's still poor compared to other currencies from a technical point of view. For me it has nothing to offer over bitcoin except potentially faster confirmation times.

It's basically just dining out on the bitcoin brand. When the bubble bursts this will be one of the ones that will go to zero IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X