• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's this sort of publication / news stories that's not allowing BTC to correct
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BITTREX SCAM? Finally Statement on Locked Accounts
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMnDdbAQotM

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        It's this sort of publication / news stories that's not allowing BTC to correct
        Have PBC called a BTC correction? Or is it a wider expectation from those in the know? My powder from spreadbetting account has almost cleared into Uphold...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Have PBC called a BTC correction? Or is it a wider expectation from those in the know? My powder from spreadbetting account has almost cleared into Uphold...
          no, in fact they say it's a solid buy up until $25k per coin.

It is my expectation it'll correct. It is overbought. I'll give it another 10-15 days before buying back in.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So the writing is on the wall. Governments will make it illegal to deal anonymously, forcing ISPs to block access to 'bad' exchanges and other public facing in/outlets. All in the name of terror and organised crime.

Can't have the plebs getting away with paying tax.

Of course, the legal routes will mean people are taxed on fiat estimated value of crytocoins held on an approved exchange. Approved ones will be owned by the old boys network, just like the banks.

So cash out into real money before the crackdown is widely reported and all the mugs rushing in for fear of missing out suddenly all bolt for the exit at the same time. Blockchain processing delays mean that exit is single file. Don't get caught at the back.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              no, in fact they say it's a solid buy up until $25k per coin.

It is my expectation it'll correct. It is overbought. I'll give it another 10-15 days before buying back in.
              Surely its got to correct I agree but I think theres been a lot of mainstream publicity and people wanting to buy in.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                So the writing is on the wall. Governments will make it illegal to deal anonymously, forcing ISPs to block access to 'bad' exchanges and other public facing in/outlets. All in the name of terror and organised crime.

Can't have the plebs getting away with paying tax.

Of course, the legal routes will mean people are taxed on fiat estimated value of crytocoins held on an approved exchange. Approved ones will be owned by the old boys network, just like the banks.

So cash out into real money before the crackdown is widely reported and all the mugs rushing in for fear of missing out suddenly all bolt for the exit at the same time. Blockchain processing delays mean that exit is single file. Don't get caught at the back.
                None of this spells doom for Crypto, it means you pay tax on it and you can't use it anonymously for criminal purposes - both good IMO.

Which means the legit coins which are gaining traction now will boom and dodgy ones will go *poof*. I welcome some regulation of exchanges and ICOs.

What they really want to do is control the supply and price - which they can't even do with FIAT so good luck with that.

I'm stacking the fundamentally better coins. Just to put this into context - from the Telegraph article:

According to the Telegraph, while "until now, anybody buying and selling Bitcoins and other digital currencies have been able to do so anonymously, making it attractive to criminals and tax avoiders. But the Treasury has now said it intends to begin regulating the virtual currency, which has a total value of £145 billion, to bring it in line with rules on anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financial legislation."

John Mann, a member of the Treasury select committee, said he expected to hold an inquiry into the need for better regulation of Bitcoin and other alternative currencies in the new year.

He said: "These new forms of exchange are expanding rapidly and we've got to make sure we don't get left behind - that's particularly important in terms of money-laundering, terrorism or pure theft.

"I'm not convinced that the regulatory authorities are keeping up to speed. I would be surprised if the committee doesn't have an inquiry next year. "It would be timely to have a proper look at what this means. It may be that we want speed up our use of these kinds of thing in this country, but that makes it all the more important that we don't have a regulatory lag."
                I'm stacking and hodling stella and ripple - next year will be wild... Also keeping an eye out for any ICOs that are endorsed/involved with establishment/big business/banks etc.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I'm stacking and hodling stella and ripple - next year will be wild... .
                  Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

That was always going to be the case. <ponzi>
                    tulips

Comment

Oh FFS

Bitcoin could be the new gold, says JP Morgan 

Comment

Working...
                      X