• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the bitcoin correction might be happening -

Come on bitcoin, crash to $5k, cash is waiting
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=scooterscot;2505383]not a penny

Hang on a mo', way back I thought you said you'd drawn 100K+ in cash already & were working on the next tranche of free wonga? Did I misunderstand, and it's still all 'locked' in your exchange account in nominal USD or somesuch?

Apologies if I have misunderstood, but if you've not yet got a bean back in FIAT I'd be sweating a bucketload!
      Last edited by glebe digital; 3 December 2017, 22:24. Reason: spelling doh!

Comment

I moved two 2/3 of my portfolio into USD a couple of days ago as I knew a correction would be on the cards.

Just waiting to pick up some cheap bitcoin around $8k

Until then I'll wait for Ripple to come a little lower and hold it. Ripple always goes up when Bitcoin is in the doldrums.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          £10k is nothing, try selling £10 bln worth at that valuation - there is no market depth, dodgy exchanges won't be able to handle such order (or they fook you use in some way in the process and you are screwed because coins would have changed hands and wonderful blockchain would make everybody believe they are gone to somebody else forever - no chargebacks!)
          Also try finding private buyers when everyone else is trying to, when the sentiment changes it'll be total carnage.

Comment

As the market grows the depth grows. Jeepers guys, economics dummy - it's no rocket science.

Linear minds in a changing world moving only the same direction.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I moved two 2/3 of my portfolio into USD a couple of days ago as I knew a correction would be on the cards.

Just waiting to pick up some cheap bitcoin around $8k

Until then I'll wait for Ripple to come a little lower and hold it. Ripple always goes up when Bitcoin is in the doldrums.
              Ah ok, but it's still on the crypto exchange and effectively un-drawn to another bank? How do you refrain from soiling your slacks?

these perhaps:

Careful you don't end up with a set of steak knives.

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
                Ah ok, but it's still on the crypto exchange and effectively un-drawn to another bank? How do you refrain from soiling your slacks?

these perhaps:

Careful you don't end up with a set of steak knives.

Never really thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  As the market grows the depth grows. Jeepers guys, economics dummy - it's no rocket science.

Linear minds in a changing world moving only the same direction.
                  I know I know, we must sound like dummies to the converted.....but economics is based on assets with some quantifiable value, not 'assets' of 100% sentiment. That's fantanomics, isn't it, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
                    I know I know, we must sound like dummies to the converted.....but economics is based on assets with some quantifiable value, not 'assets' of 100% sentiment. That's fantanomics, isn't it, or something?
                    In an ideal world. Yet in London a 2-bed apartment costing £120k to build sells for £1.2m. And it's Leasehold!

Value to my mind is something only what people are willing to pay for it.

Comment

Treasury crackdown on Bitcoin over concerns it is used to launder money and dodge tax

Comment

Working...
                      X