• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Don't usually interrupt my holiday time (which is great if not hot) with this forum...

I'm sure you know the reason why Stellar shot up, which is to do with the IBM partnership IBM News room - 2017-10-16 IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - United States

Rumourmill is in overrive that Google are next to sign up (not going to tell you source so don't ask). If the news does come out, sell on the news after 20 hours of the pump. Thank me later (again).

Still waiting on thanks for my original Stellar advice!! You'd have made near 200% gain!
    Thanks fella. Got caught up in it yesterday. Hadn't realised it had gone up and nearly fell over when i saw the price.
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Thanks fella. Got caught up in it yesterday. Hadn't realised it had gone up and nearly fell over when i saw the price.
      Try and not get hung up on the $ price, better to watch the BTC price.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just watched an 'expert' non UK trader dealing in Bitcoins using Forex currency trading software.

He bought two coins at approx 5700USD - within 40 mins the price crashed through 6000USD per coin. His trading software showed profit in real time - it just ticked up like a fast clock every price movement (with occasional tick down) ! I couldn't believe it.

600 bucks in half an hour. He bought another coin at 6000USD - it's now 6035 thirty mins later.

On his trading software he was using 'Fibonacci ratios + support/resistance lines' + stop losses.

Things is getting serious.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          On his trading software he was using 'Price of BitCoin always go up' model.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            On his trading software he was using 'Price of BitCoin always go up' model.
            FTFY
            Ka-ching....!!

Comment

Just watched an 'expert' non UK trader dealing in Bitcoins using Forex currency trading software.

He bought two coins at approx 5700USD - within 40 mins the price crashed through 6000USD per coin. His trading software showed profit in real time - it just ticked up like a fast clock every price movement (with occasional tick down) ! I couldn't believe it.

600 bucks in half an hour. He bought another coin at 6000USD - it's now 6035 thirty mins later.

On his trading software he was using 'Fibonacci ratios + support/resistance lines' + stop losses.

Things is getting serious.
              Bit wank if it went down though?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Nonsense man. Look at the left-hand side of the graph below. It can only go up.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Indeed, to catch that he was using stop loss orders.

He was also using buy stop orders to decide when to buy.
                  Cos stateside he had 'immediate' buy/sell execution.
                  I agree it's all nonsense, but interest is rising as there's huge amounts of gambler's (sorry 'individual investors') money sloshing about.

And fresh in ..

Oct 20, 2017
                  "The first regulated cryptocurrency derivative trades have taken place on a U.S. exchange. According to figures provided by the company, LedgerX saw 176 swaps and options contracts traded in its first week,
                  with notional values of more than $1 million."

Now that's very scary - guessing future bitcoin prices.
                  A killing to be made for those that predict the day of the bubble burst !

Comment

Indeed, to catch that he was using stop loss orders.

He was also using buy stop orders to decide when to buy.
                    Cos stateside he had 'immediate' buy/sell execution.
                    I agree it's all nonsense, but interest is rising as there's huge amounts of gambler's (sorry 'individual investors') money sloshing about.

And fresh in ..

Oct 20, 2017
                    "The first regulated cryptocurrency derivative trades have taken place on a U.S. exchange. According to figures provided by the company, LedgerX saw 176 swaps and options contracts traded in its first week,
                    with notional values of more than $1 million."

Now that's very scary - guessing future bitcoin prices.
                    A killing to be made for those that predict the day of the bubble burst !
                    Wait until you can get a residential mortgage in bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      Wait until you can get a residential mortgage in bitcoin.
                      Well you can now apparently rent a room in a London £1200/month 'Beer on demand, parties every weekend and an on-site sauna luxury commune' in Willesden ..

"It is a first for the UK that Bitcoin can now be used as a down payment in the property market. Co-living pioneer The Collective have announced that they will be accepting the digital currency as a deposit from prospective tenants. They are also eyeing out rental payments in Bitcoin, but that will only be implemented later in the year."
                      Sep 5 2017

Youngest resident, 21

Oldest resident, 44

Comment

Working...
                      X