• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Total fatalities/injuries from terrorism in the UK since 1970

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    You took a vetran sentence and you twisted.

War is a crap excuse because in a war would be soldiers against soldiers, not civilians. And of course, they wanted to apologise because they don't want to be in jail. They are terrorists, not stupid.
    I twisted nothing. The IRA targeted civilians as well as soldiers.

Politicians and their families, believe it or not are, civilians.

I guess you have not heard of the Brighton Bombings or the IRA firing mortars at Downing Street?

I suggest if you are going to talk about terrorists incidents in another European you do a tiny bit of research first.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Well if burying your head in the sand is your preferred option then do carry on.

However, if you fail to even acknowledge that your adversary may have a differing point of view, and strive to understand it, then you will always fail to find a solution to any conflict.

Not that anyone would ever put someone as staid as you in charge of any meaningful negotiations, so nothing to worry about there.
      Burying my head in what sand?

Oh I forgot I'm a urban elite, and have met and talked to a wide range of people through my life including Muslim converts and people who were radicalised before it was reported by the media plus IRA apologists.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        T

Apologist.
        noun
        a person who makes a defense in speech or writing of a belief, idea, etc.

HTH
        Swellin inferred that I was somehow an IRA apologist.
        As I have made no defense of their ideas or beliefs in "either speech or writing", she was, once again, spectacularly wrong.

Thank you for helping to clarify her clumsy outburst.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Burying my head in what sand?

Oh I forgot
          Don't apologise dearie. You are getting to an age when your are likely to become increasingly befuddled. Perfectly natural.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I twisted nothing. The IRA targeted civilians as well as soldiers.

Politicians and their families, believe it or not are, civilians.

I guess you have not heard of the Brighton Bombings or the IRA firing mortars at Downing Street?

I suggest if you are going to talk about terrorists incidents in another European you do a tiny bit of research first.
            You pick on vetran because he had a perception that it was considered a war not terrorism and you call him an IRA apologist. This is twisting and it's killing the debate.

Your arguments are useless

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Terrorism is the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
              ...or religion.

Comment

You pick on vetran because he had a perception that it was considered a war not terrorism and you call him an IRA apologist. This is twisting and it's killing the debate.

Your arguments are useless
                Veteran was well aware unlike you about the late history of the IRA.

Anyway at least I know whose sockie you could be.

Comment

Veteran was well aware unlike you about the late history of the IRA.

Anyway at least I know whose sockie you could be.
                  Feck off.

Comment

I have my doughts that any nations would engage in a nuclear war except North Corea, even dough I'm septic.
                    Precisely.

With each major nation (or their allies) packing enough nukes to destroy the entire planet many times over, a modern war (ala WW1 or WW2) would almost never happen. Ever since the Mutual Assured Destruction pacts from the cold war, ostensibly between Reagan and Gorbachev, has the idea of a new world war largely gone away, for this very reason - it would be a Pyrrhic victory of the most devastating kind. Of course, North Korea or some other unstable nation with nukes often like to threaten and taunt the west but despite everything, Kim Jong-un isn't stupid and is unlikely to actually use his nukes for the reasons already stated.

That's why we have the threat of a terrorist attack as the thing to keep us all living in fear and pacified in today's world.

Comment

Feck off.

I thought even sockies could read up on IR35.

Comment

Working...
                      X