• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Agents!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HankWangford
    Sally what was wrong with the job???
    Well after all that nonsense with the agents, the guy from the actual company itself actually rang me up!! Said he was sick of shouting at agents all morning and thought he might aswell speak to me directly

And low and behold, once you take the agents out of the way, the job wasn't right for me at all.
    The wrong appliation and the wrong skills.
    The guy was very nice though.

I could have done the job, as I know I pick things up incredibly quickly, but I didn't want to go into a company up here and cock things up - I'd rather wait for a position thats right for me.

Cheers for asking though HW.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Bloody Agents...

Just had one send me a CAD contract for AutoCad...

I know absolutely sod all about AutoCad... it's mechanical not electronics...

Tit.

Do your Giant Alien Lizard fingers ever get in the way of your job Zeity?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Only if I forget to trim my claws...

Actually you look quite familiar have we met before?
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Well after all that nonsense with the agents, the guy from the actual company itself actually rang me up!! Said he was sick of shouting at agents all morning and thought he might aswell speak to me directly

And low and behold, once you take the agents out of the way, the job wasn't right for me at all.
          The wrong appliation and the wrong skills.
          The guy was very nice though.

I could have done the job, as I know I pick things up incredibly quickly, but I didn't want to go into a company up here and cock things up - I'd rather wait for a position thats right for me.

Cheers for asking though HW.
          I know what you mean SA, I was sent to a contract interview once for a completely different role. What was the agent thinking ? I would get off the bus and turn into a cobalt programmer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
            I would get off the bus and turn into a cobalt programmer ?
            Wow a cobalt programmer! You would certainly stand out from the crowd.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Wow a cobalt programmer! You would certainly stand out from the crowd.
              Yes.

Comment

bernard is my favourite.... followed by sasgroupie
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

just get the last word in
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                  X