• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony's last chance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sally, why do you think the majority of people were behind Iraq? I can't think of anyone who thought it was a good idea apart from 1 or two people on here.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      Pointless war mongerring?!! Thats just ridiculous. The majority of people in this country (all of whom have lost their memory in recent years) were behind us going into Iraq. I know there were a lot who weren't, but the majority were.
      Nobody has lost their memory. A small majority of the population did support the war, and do you know why? It was because they believed it when Tony Blair told them Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that could reach us in 45 minutes. So did parliament.

If Tony Blair is willing to lie about something that serious, perhaps you'll begin to understand where people on this board are coming from.

Comment

Well I actually started off saying that I liked Tony Blair, not the government.

And I also aid that I think all politicians are exactly the same, as are all governments really.

The only difference for me, is that I actually believe that Tony Blair has a good heart, and I genuinely believe everything he does he believes in, as a human being.
        That's as may be. Did Saddam Hussain believe in everything he did?
        What about Hitler?
        I know Tony talks the talk, it's why the intellectually challanged of the country keep voting him in, (that and the "I vote labour, my father voted labour, his father voted labour etc" contingent).
        I don't believe his words, and his actions have spoken volumes.
        Boom boom boom boom
        A-haw haw haw haw
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Pointless war mongerring?!! Thats just ridiculous. The majority of people in this country (all of whom have lost their memory in recent years) were behind us going into Iraq. I know there were a lot who weren't, but the majority were.
          Do you really think we would have gone to war if it had been down to a public vote?? I think not. The government lied about the reasons for going to war and the level of proof that they had using spin to win the day and even then the vast majority of people in the country were against the war. Imagine the result if everybody had known the truth at the time.....
          And how has that knocked our international standing to an all time low? I'd rather be in America's back pocket than anyone elses. We're a tiny little Island - everyone seems to forget that. We've got huge ego's in this country - Americais our greatest friend, and I'd want to back them up in every situation.
          As much as most Americans don't like to admit it, America is not the whole world, I would rather be freinds with everybody but America myself.....

Stupid finances....no government has been squeaky clean in this area - you can throw stats back and forth all day.
          I'm not saying that any government is squeky clean, but this bunch of idiots have done the worst job anybody has done for a very very long time
          Everything you say about he criminals is correct...apart form the fact that this has always gone on, and under Labour we now have more freedom of information, so now we actually know about it.
          Screwing up the NHS - come on! You cant be that nieve surely! You reckon the Tories are going to plow more into the NHS than Labour? They've done OK man. Again waiting list stats could be thrown round....but at the end of the day Labour actualy care about the poor end of the scale actually having decent health care.
          If the money Liebour had plowed into it had actually been spent on the right things it would have been good. I don't think the tories would have plowed as much money into it, but I also am positive that the tories would not have wasted anywhere near as much money as labour have. The NHS is a joke at the moment.
          And the crime stats are definatly down, a great deal.
          erm b*ll*ks. Crime is much worse now that it was 10-15 years ago. I would never leave the front door open nowdays because some scroat will nick everything to fund his drug habit, and then get a nice payout after he has been thrown in jail and been forced to go cold turkey....

Blowing billions on nothing...I'm guessing you're referrng to the NHS IT system? Like the Tories havn't done he same with umpteen governemt systems over the years? I've worked n most of them!
          Nope, not just that... How about millions of civil servents that aren't needed, more red tape than ever, hundreds of stupid initiatives stopped halway through and idiotic projects that fall on thier ass. liebour have the record for blowing taxpayer money without a doubt

Being behind the 7/7 bombing?!!!!!!!!! What? Are you a mentalist?
          Because it wasn't at all convenient was it? It's not like it helped Tony pass new terror laws or anything, or use it as an excuse for every so called "security initiative" that new liebour comes up with, or to hlp justify our illegal war with Iraq.

Do a search on google, for some of the information about 7/7 and you will be surprised.. One fact to take away is that the alleged terrorists used TATP which produces an exothermic reaction when it explodes (i.e. no heat) yet 90% of the injuries sustained on 7/7 were burns. How is this possible, simple it is not unless a different explosive was found, if that was the case we have been lied to and there is a cover up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            Sally, why do you think the majority of people were behind Iraq? I can't think of anyone who thought it was a good idea apart from 1 or two people on here.

Pretty much everyone I knew at the time were behind it. And I mean friends, family, neighbours, everyone I worked with, people in pubs, people at bus stops....everyone!
            Perhaps it was yet another north/south divide thing. (Or perhaps I mix with more people who read the Sun as opposed to the Times).

People were in shock over 9/11, and they wanted every country even so much as harbouring a terrorist to be nuked as far as I can remember.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Do a search on google, for some of the information about 7/7 and you will be surprised.. One fact to take away is that the alleged terrorists used TATP which produces an exothermic reaction when it explodes (i.e. no heat) yet 90% of the injuries sustained on 7/7 were burns. How is this possible, simple it is not unless a different explosive was found, if that was the case we have been lied to and there is a cover up.....
              FFS Not more conspiracy bullcrap. Much as I hate Tone, I don't think he's responsible for this. And I dont believe the pseudo-scientific tulipe either. Every conspiracy since "Man did not land on the moon" has brought forward so-called "scientific evidence" that is tulipe.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif
                That's as may be. Did Saddam Hussain believe in everything he did?
                What about Hitler?
                I know Tony talks the talk, it's why the intellectually challanged of the country keep voting him in, (that and the "I vote labour, my father voted labour, his father voted labour etc" contingent).
                I don't believe his words, and his actions have spoken volumes.

Oh for gods sake - thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. How can you compare them?!!!!!
                I said Tony Blair has a good heart! He doesn't ******* slaughter people.

And I'm not from that ilk - my folks voted for Maggie Thatcher, and changed our lives for the better in doing so.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Pretty much everyone I knew at the time were behind it. And I mean friends, family, neighbours, everyone I worked with, people in pubs, people at bus stops....everyone!
                  Perhaps it was yet another north/south divide thing. (Or perhaps I mix with more people who read the Sun as opposed to the Times).

People were in shock over 9/11, and they wanted every country even so much as harbouring a terrorist to be nuked as far as I can remember.
                  You must work with some pretty stupid people. Most of the 9/11 bombers were Saudi (America's allies). Iraq had no connection with 9/11, I thought even the dumbest of the dumb (outside of America) knew that.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Nobody has lost their memory. A small majority of the population did support the war, and do you know why? It was because they believed it when Tony Blair told them Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that could reach us in 45 minutes. So did parliament.

If Tony Blair is willing to lie about something that serious, perhaps you'll begin to understand where people on this board are coming from.

Thats the whole point Wendigo - I honestly believe he thought those weapons were there aswell.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Thats the whole point Wendigo - I honestly believe he thought those weapons were there aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X