German budget surplus highest since 1990
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21

    Banned

    diseasex has more data than eek


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks (Given)
    43
    Thanks (Received)
    74
    Likes (Given)
    96
    Likes (Received)
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I actually laughed reading that.

    Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
    It's only temporary to get out of crisis , besides immigrants don't complain that much. Oh and it's not 0 hour contract, it's flexible workforce, and people have a choice to go to work or not.

  2. #22

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    27,021
    Thanks (Given)
    3641
    Thanks (Received)
    5403
    Likes (Given)
    4228
    Likes (Received)
    6617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
    Where do you get this "our" from squarehead??
    “Silence is Golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just plain suspicious"

  3. #23

    Fingers like lightning

    clearedforlanding has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    997
    Thanks (Given)
    58
    Thanks (Received)
    61
    Likes (Given)
    291
    Likes (Received)
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diseasex View Post
    It's only temporary to get out of crisis , besides immigrants don't complain that much. Oh and it's not 0 hour contract, it's flexible workforce, and people have a choice to go to work or not.
    Would YOU accept a 0 hour contract?

  4. #24

    Banned

    diseasex has more data than eek


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,990
    Thanks (Given)
    43
    Thanks (Received)
    74
    Likes (Given)
    96
    Likes (Received)
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Would YOU accept a 0 hour contract?
    me being a contractor at good rate? no. Other people don't have this choice. And my post was sarcastic

  5. #25

    Fingers like lightning

    clearedforlanding has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    997
    Thanks (Given)
    58
    Thanks (Received)
    61
    Likes (Given)
    291
    Likes (Received)
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diseasex View Post
    me being a contractor at good rate? no. Other people don't have this choice. And my post was sarcastic
    Sorry, been on Reddit watching people mudslinging over Trump. Blinded by septics having to '"/s" everything.

  6. #26

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt - scorchio!

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    13,496
    Thanks (Given)
    39
    Thanks (Received)
    341
    Likes (Given)
    190
    Likes (Received)
    1321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Would YOU accept a 0 hour contract?
    Aren't contractors theoretically on 0 hour contracts? I mean, your client can quite easily say don't come in on certain days or at certain times, look at the furloughs that banks say you have to take, etc.
    Pants are no good unless they stick to the wall after you've taken them off.

  7. #27

    Super poster

    The Spartan has more data than eek

    The Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Macron Country
    Posts
    3,044
    Thanks (Given)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    43
    Likes (Given)
    210
    Likes (Received)
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Aren't contractors theoretically on 0 hour contracts? I mean, your client can quite easily say don't come in on certain days or at certain times, look at the furloughs that banks say you have to take, etc.
    Theoretically yes I'd agree, one of the contractors here got canned a few weeks back. He was 3 months into a 6 month contract and they told him to pack up and go, no explanation (not that one is needed) but it is a stark reminder that is can happen at anytime if you're not up to task.
    Representing brand SPARTAN!!

  8. #28

    Super poster

    The Spartan has more data than eek

    The Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Macron Country
    Posts
    3,044
    Thanks (Given)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    43
    Likes (Given)
    210
    Likes (Received)
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diseasex View Post
    So far I'm Ok with them as long as everyone is benefiting from their success too. Them being strong economically is actually enriching Poland now as their closest, and poorer, neighbour
    Yeah it must be great to actually be a recipient rather than a contributor
    Representing brand SPARTAN!!

  9. #29

    Contractor Among Contractors

    tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,628
    Thanks (Given)
    11
    Thanks (Received)
    98
    Likes (Given)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I actually laughed reading that.

    Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
    Why? Do you think they are the wrong sort of jobs? Or the wrong employment mechanism?

    Do you think the 23% of unemployed Greeks, 20% of unemployed Spaniards, 10% of unemployed French and Italians would think it's funny? All those people trapped and struggling.

    I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.

  10. #30

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    27,021
    Thanks (Given)
    3641
    Thanks (Received)
    5403
    Likes (Given)
    4228
    Likes (Received)
    6617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post

    I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.
    Well he won't address that for 2 main reasons. The first is that he doesn't understand it, and the second is that, even if he did, he wouldn't know the answer.
    For someone that complains so much about the UK, he doesn't seem to be in any rush to leave. A hypocrite in the truest sense.

    “Silence is Golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just plain suspicious"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.