• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear : Now I work for Tesco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many people to ignore, so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      I really like them!

I guess if you work in Tesco's your whole life, putting on a suit, doing the monday morning train journey, and the hotel for 4 nights etc would be amazing.
      For me, spending 10 minutes zapping my food through on one of those bleep machines is excellent fun
      I used to work with the guy that wrote the code for those things, all in all he was ones of he best coders I have ever worked with who actually took the results of testing seriously and adjusted his output accordingly. by the end of my time at that gig I was having problems finding any defects in his work because he had unit tested it properly and locked it down so that you couldn't enter data he didn't want.

Comment

I was in France the other day, in one of the Tesco like shops, and all the items in the shot had little electronic tabs, anyone know what they were???
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
          I just send my man down to Fortnum & Mason to pick up the groceries.
          LOL! You are Mike Lowe and I claim my crisp £5!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            LOL! You are Mike Lowe and I claim my crisp £5!
            How about a £5 F&M gift voucher?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              I used to work with the guy that wrote the code for those things, all in all he was ones of he best coders I have ever worked with who actually took the results of testing seriously and adjusted his output accordingly. by the end of my time at that gig I was having problems finding any defects in his work because he had unit tested it properly and locked it down so that you couldn't enter data he didn't want.

I think he missed something... one of the tills was sat there repeatedly saying 'unauthorised item in bag area' like a female dalek, while people looked on in disgust... of coure everyone just queued up to be served by a person and got through much faster...

The things are so slooooow .... scan your item... put it in the bag, wait for the 'unauthorised item' comment, jiggle the bag, next item..... oh dear, a bottle of wine.. can someone come out from the back and approve it please..? 10 minutes later, try feeding bank notes into it and then catch the change it vomits at passers by, or go the chip and pin route so Tesco can target you with junk mail....

jesus, they need more staff to look after the bloody things and take over when they break than they needed to run the store before...
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
              X