• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honesty/Integrity best policy with agents/clients? Umm nope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    To clarify for those saying "dont accept unless you can start"....

I had the call from an agency out of the blue a few days before xmas - I wasnt even looking. They told me about this client. I said no can do no notice period but they convinced me to have a chat anyway. So I did.

No-one was more surprised than me when they offered on the spot. At the time, I did say, Ah Ive got no notice period though. So we had a discussion where I'd negotiate with current client and try and work something out. They said its ok we can wait until Jan 16th anyway. I promised to keep in touch via the agency.

So straight away I spoke to client manager. Of course, nothing moved over xmas. After xmas I spoke to the agency to check its all still good. I asked them to check and let me know if client started to get twitchy about start date.

Last wednesday agency tell me client needs a date and they'd be ok with week after (23rd). So I tell agency ok but let me know if 16th is drop dead date.

So, after a bit of messing around with client management, I tell them sorry I AM leaving to start on the 23rd. Next day agency call me to tell me sorry client has given gig to someone else.
    I would say we're all surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Imagine being married to me! I know thats one of your fantasys though....
      Hands off, bitch!

Comment

Working...
      X