• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    Indeed.

The only time I ever heard of an agent giving anyone anything (other than a c*ck up the @rse), was a champagne night, some people shamed him into....(he was a one man band taking 30% from 35 contractors, sole supplier). As it turned out everyone hated him so much no one turned up, he was very hurt apparently.
    The only time I ever got anything off an agent was after a third renewal and he phoned me up and said that as he had nothing better to do that day and had a spare 30 minutes he could take me to the Pizza Hut in Slough "for a treat" and to say thanks. Needless to say, I passed on that one.

I think I'd rather have had the cock up the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
      The only time I ever got anything off an agent was after a third renewal and he phoned me up and said that as he had nothing better to do that day and had a spare 30 minutes he could take me to the Pizza Hut in Slough "for a treat" and to say thanks. Needless to say, I passed on that one.

I think I'd rather have had the cock up the arse.

Treat ? Sounds more like punishment, you did well to resist ED.

BTW how does a dalek take a cock up the arse ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        Treat ? Sounds more like punishment, you did well to resist ED.

BTW how does a dalek take a cock up the arse ?
        My thoughts precisely. I never hear from him again. The one and only time I ever met him he looked as though he needed a note from his mum to be allowed to be off school for the day.

I have a maintenance hatch, but I never reveal it while the sun's still shining.

Comment

What I do believe is that the govt. gets a man put into jail for life (ok so he earned it) and then trots out the MI5 head to tell us all that there are thousands ready to kill us....with the queen's speech coming up and even more terrorism legislation coming.

Soon the police will be able to put somone away just for looking funny at them.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
            Soon the police will be able to put somone away just for looking funny at them.
            They can already. Since 1st January this year the police no longer have to suspect a crime has been committed or will be prevented by arresting a citizen. It is now only required that the arresting officer believesd "it is necessary". You can then be held for 28 days without charge or knowing what you are accused or (which might legitimately be "nothing" in any case), the equivalent of a two month prison sentence, no doubt shortly to be 90 days, the equivalent of a 6 month prison sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              And locking people up without benefit of a court appearance is, by coincidence, the definition of a police state...
              Spot on, Zeity. Britain became a de facto police state on 01/01/06 when the police no longer needed to provide a reason for arresting a citizen. Incidentally, on the same date officials of the CPS were empowered to arrest citizens without charge, the first time the state has been able to directly detain citizens since Maga Carta.

Still, as the usual hard of thinking sorts (Mailman, Chico, etc) would say, "if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear from New Labour's one party police state".

Comment

Working...
              X