• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rising cost of Brexit leaves UK households with less cash for treats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    It's called hedging? WTF are you on about? Do you think you can get away with talking tulipe by trying to use a few semi-technical words that you hope others won't understand?

As I've been trading markets for over 20 years it's easy to identify you are talking absolute bull-tulipe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_hedge

I was actually hoping you'd understand, with all that 20 years trading experience it should be trivial to understand what word "hedging" means within the context of imports into country with volatile (even falling) currency.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I was actually hoping you'd understand, with all that 20 years trading experience it should be trivial to understand what word "hedging" means within the context of imports into country with volatile (even falling) currency.
      And having worked with several companies with global exports, including the current client, i'm pretty sure I know more about importing and exporting than you can dream of.

You are massively out of your depth, yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        And having worked with several companies with global exports, including the current client, i'm pretty sure I know more about importing and exporting than you can dream of.

You are massively out of your depth, yet again.
        That's good to know, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sterling forward rates - nobody (almost) even wants to offer hedging beyond March 2017!

British Pound Futures (GBP/USD) Quotes - CME Group

DOOMED!!!
          Last edited by AtW; 28 December 2016, 15:11.

Comment

I don't have any BTLs.
            Liar...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Food isn't stuff. Lidl won't be bankrupting me for a while yet...
              Come Brexit, they'll be first on the boat.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For those not familiar with currency hedging.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  For those not familiar with currency hedging.

HTH BIDI
                  Looks like I upset the peasants again.

Nice hedges btw.

Comment

Working...
                  X