• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

He's a good looking lad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was only following orders guv, honest. To be fair, your recollection of events differs slightly from mine, in that the "test bed" consisted of a huge pile of cables with some routers and switches connected seemingly at random. I'm not quite sure what you were planning to test (as istr mentioning in another thread, perhaps it was the dust gathering properties of a Cisco 1600 router) but to my fairly well trained eye it looked almost exactly like a big pile of junk. So me and the desktop boys "borrowed it".
    You were a permie at the time, and technically in charge, but I simply invoked the "absence of direction and control" clause in my contract and ignored you. Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...? "

Won it. Politics kicked in. Handed it over. Quit. They lost it. Closed Down. Say no more
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Now, now ladies. We don't want to hear which of you is the bigger loser. Handbags at dawn or get a room, will you.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          "Whatever happened to your £10m project, by the way...? "

Won it. Politics kicked in. Handed it over. Quit. They lost it. Closed Down. Say no more
          Or the abridged version: Lost it. Politics kicked in. Xmas party incident. Sacked. Closed down.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The real ladies on CUK

Which one is Sally Anne?

Ladies of CUK
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              Now, now ladies. We don't want to hear which of you is the bigger loser. Handbags at dawn or get a room, will you.
              Sorry dear, we don't do the gay thing (which I know will disappoint you enormously) but will gladly shove your handbag where the sun never shines. Now run along and find young Freddie, there's a good lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Which one is Sally Anne?

Ladies of CUK

That was quite amusing
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                X