• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Becoming a manager for a few extra quid a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    What a great strategic idea! Let's become a nation of managers! It doesn't matter if we lose all the expertise. We can make lots of business deals during our evening drinks and our golf sessions. All without the need of any expertise, as that is only techies stuff, not worth to keep in the house. Let's keep doing that and outsource more and more until some properly managed company in India will be able to buy us out and force us to return to an agricultural economy.*

* Unfortunately, you are not the only idiot to think like this.
    Anyone would think you're inventing new Computer Science concepts every day instead of the reality, which is you're a mediocre code monkey who happens to have learnt some computer language or the other, which anyone with intelligence slightly over the average can do.

What is the core business of the company you work for? I bet it's not writing software. So you're just another glorified cleaner, similar to a janitor or the cleaners ( who BTW cannot be outsourced). If the company you work for can make as much money without your skills, what does that make you?

And if we need to save your skills for the benefit of Western Civilisation, please do tell us what they are, won't you?

Deluded twat.
    Last edited by sasguru; 8 November 2006, 01:08.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh dear. I suppose all those 360 performance appraisals, mission statements, etc performed by managers benefit Western civilisation too? Unfortunately disagreeing with you means agreeing with Francko and that can't be right.

Isn't there a middle way where you can both be wrong?

Originally posted by sasguru
      Anyone would think you're inventing new Computer Science concepts every day instead of the reality, which is you're a mediocre code monkey who happens to have learnt some computer language or the other, which anyone with intelligence slightly over the average can do.

What is the core business of the company you work for? I bet it's not writing software. So you're just another glorified cleaner, similar to a janitor or the cleaners ( who BTW cannot be outsourced). If the company you work for can make as much money without your skills, what does that make you?

And if we need to save your skills for the benefit of Western Civilisation, please do tell us what they are, won't you?

Deluded twat.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Deluded twat.
        Hey, I like your new sig

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
          Oh dear. I suppose all those 360 performance appraisals, mission statements, etc performed by managers benefit Western civilisation too? Unfortunately disagreeing with you means agreeing with Francko and that can't be right.

Isn't there a middle way where you can both be wrong?
          No, there isn't. You are either with me or against me.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
          X