• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southern Rail Protests and Crowd Funding a Judicial Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but you will get very little sympathy from those unaffected, up in the north we would pray for a service as bad as Southern, once you have been on a pacer train you will understand why
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Sorry but you will get very little sympathy from those unaffected, up in the north we would pray for a service as bad as Southern, once you have been on a pacer train you will understand why
      +1

Southern probably seems so bad because the rest of the London and surrounding area network is so good.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I've been on one in the past couple of years. The train turned up on time. Though when it arrived I thought I had gone back to my childhood...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The same happens on SW Trains and even worse SW Train Journies are more expensive than Southern.
          That's complete tulip - while SWT have a habit of playing around with the timetable so connections don't work, the trains run unless there is flooding, fire or planned engineering works on the line.

Also when SWT guards went on strike Stagecoach just got staff from other parts of the country and managers to be guards. The guards never went on strike again. Southern's owners can't do that as they don't even have enough staff even to run their other lines.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            That's complete tulip - while SWT have a habit of playing around with the timetable so connections don't work, the trains run unless there is flooding, fire or planned engineering works on the line.

Also when SWT guards went on strike Stagecoach just got staff from other parts of the country and managers to be guards. The guards never went on strike again. Southern's owners can't do that as they don't even have enough staff even to run their other lines.
            Like Monday before last, cancelled because driver did not turn up
            BTW guards on SWT are more suited for the Gestapo.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Like Monday before last, cancelled because driver did not turn up
              It doesn't happen on every single train though and delays aren't generally due to their general management uselessness, so this is where it differs from Southern.

BTW guards on SWT are more suited for the Gestapo.
              Agreed.

They are always willing to accuse the passenger of lying first and threatening them with a fine e.g. when gates break, TFL tell people to use them as an alternative route before investigating if what the passenger says is true.

Comment

I still can't see the point of a judicial review. Of what?

And now the London mayor has stated his intent of bringing more people into London. Why can't someone get his office to fork out for improvements.

As others have said, other parts of the country aren't great either.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

And now the London mayor has stated his intent of bringing more people into London. Why can't someone get his office to fork out for improvements.

As others have said, other parts of the country aren't great either.

Why? Southern made £100,000,000 profit last year.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

The judicial review is to help guide the Department of Transport to hand the franchise management over to the Mayor of London and relevant councils in the SE quicker than what they plan to do.

One trick used by governments, and unfortunately I can only remember IDS doing this, is if there is a judicial review you ensure it is irrelevant by changing the rules. In the case of Southern if you dump the overseeing of the franchise on Mayor of London and local councils then the ruling is irrelevant.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 28 September 2016, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X