• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The grand Tour - 18th November

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Solid 7/10 but if you aint got Amazon Prime you're not missing that much.
    Don't have Amazon Prime. But still watched it as it flooded the Internet.

TBH, just seemed to be more of the same tired old formula as when it was on the BBC.

And as someone stated earlier on in the thread, the presenters haven't aged too well over the last 9 months - was more like "Grandpa's drive Cars. Badly."

My score: 5/10.

(Which I'd lower to 4/10 if I'd have shelled out for Prime just in order to watch it.)
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Don't have Amazon Prime. But still watched it as it flooded the Internet.

if I'd have shelled out for Prime just in order to watch it.)
      Why do thieves think stealing isn't stealing if it's done on the internet?

I presume you go out to your local superstore and steal a few DVDs when you don't fancy paying for them as well?
      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
        Why do thieves think stealing isn't stealing if it's done on the internet?

I presume you go out to your local superstore and steal a few DVDs when you don't fancy paying for them as well?
        You know that some marketing on the internet involves giving things away for free?

Amazon are big enough to go after those who have released footage if it wants to.

Oh and DVDs are easy to pass between people.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You know that some marketing on the internet involves giving things away for free?

Amazon are big enough to go after those who have released footage if it wants to.

Oh and DVDs are easy to pass between people.
          Just because it's not being prosecuted doesn't make it right. I've bought an Amazon subscription because I don't steal. I buy movies I want to watch and I pay for Sky so I can watch the football and F1. I do this because I'm not a thief and I don't fancy getting caught stealing which would make it a tad tricky to get security clearance for roles.

I'm tired of seeing people boasting about how they didn't pay for something when the rest of the law abiding public have to make up the difference.

Comment

Just because it's not being prosecuted doesn't make it right. I've bought an Amazon subscription because I don't steal. I buy movies I want to watch and I pay for Sky so I can watch the football and F1. I do this because I'm not a thief and I don't fancy getting caught stealing which would make it a tad tricky to get security clearance for roles.

I'm tired of seeing people boasting about how they didn't pay for something when the rest of the law abiding public have to make up the difference.
            I nick everything an anything! 99% of it is tulip anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              I nick everything an anything! 99% of it is tulip anyway..

Comment

Where did I say it was right. I simply pointed out that companies know people steal stuff and they let it go because they know they can make more money out of it in future.

Microsoft are an example of this. They turned a blind eye to people pirating their operating system and some of their products until they worked out they had sufficient market saturation to clamp down on it.

The poster wasn't boasting they just stated they got it for free and are glad they didn't waste their money on it.

Other people would see The Grand Tour and sign up for a Amazon Prime - coincidentally Amazon have knocked £20 of the price of a yearly subscription to it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  they got it for free
                  I give up.

IT'S NOT FREE.

if you "got it for free" it's been stolen by someone from somewhere and you're at the very least handling stolen goods if not guilty of conspiracy to steal. I see I'm fighting a losing battle here since you don't understand the concept of theft so I'll not bother anymore.

Comment

I've bought an Amazon subscription... ...and I pay for Sky so I can watch the football and F1.
                    Ah, now I understand your butt-hurt.

The three talentless idiots - reading from the same 15 year old script penned by the BBC - doing "The Grand Tour" - £25 million they were paid by Amazon, I believe.

And grown men kicking around a football - up to to £250,000 per WEEK, isn't it?

And Hamilton & co. Anything up to £20 million per YEAR including sponsorship, I believe.

It's a good job you are a contractor and can afford to keep these folk above the poverty line.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

I saw it for free because my mum has Amazon Prime so I went to her house to watch it. She made a lovely afternoon tea to go along with it as well.

Also, you're contractors, you're all earning enough. If you want something, buy it. There are plenty of threads on the professional forums where people are moaning about having been fleeced out of a day's pay or something. Pots, kettles, shoes and feet come to mind.
                      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                      X