• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air China magazine apologises for London race slur

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about London as a whole is meaningless.
    I wouldn't walk after dark in Harlesden, say, or parts of East London, but quite happily in most parts of central/West/South West London.
    Saw more violence living up North in one year than a lifetime in London, as Greg says, alcohol fuelled.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I wouldn't walk after dark in Harlesden, say, or parts of East London, but quite happily in most parts of central/West/South West London.
      Saw more violence living up North in one year than a lifetime in London, as Greg says, alcohol fuelled.
      The areas of London I wouldn't have walked around in London alone at night are very few - parts of Somers Town and a couple of estates in Hackney.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I had to chuckle at your first and last lines.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          I had to chuckle at your first and last lines.
          To be fair to him, his contributions are generally well-spattered with mirth-inducing gibberish from start to finish. Hardly a surprise when you reflect upon the inescapable reality that he has less intellectual capacity than most people's sock drawer.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            To be fair to him, his contributions are generally well-spattered with mirth-inducing gibberish from start to finish. Hardly a surprise when you reflect upon the inescapable reality that he has less intellectual capacity than most people's sock drawer.

That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              That's the spirit!
              Indeed!
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The areas of London I wouldn't have walked around in London alone at night are very few - parts of Somers Town and a couple of estates in Hackney.
                True, obviously a lot less dodgy now.
                I knew a few lads who always went up to estates Hackney way, to buy party items, in the early 90's and you wouldn't go up without knowing someone who was known locally.

Mexico City was the place in the world, that kept me on point at night, as it were, but fantastic place all the same.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  True, obviously a lot less dodgy now.
                  I knew a few lads who always went up to estates Hackney way, to buy party items, in the early 90's and you wouldn't go up without knowing someone who was known locally.

Mexico City was the place in the world, that kept me on point at night, as it were, but fantastic place all the same.
                  I'm guessing you haven't been to Kent.

Comment

I'm guessing you haven't been to Kent.

The "funny" thing is I completely get that statement having lived in Plymouth for 5 years, again early 90's.
                    Lets just put it this way, at that time, shocking things happened down there that never made the national news.
                    Different game down there, I'm sure parts of Kent are/was just the same.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      The "funny" thing is I completely get that statement having lived in Plymouth for 5 years, again early 90's.
                      Lets just put it this way, at that time, shocking things happened down there that never made the national news.
                      Different game down there, I'm sure parts of Kent are/was just the same.
                      Seaside towns do have their edge. I think Hastings was described as a big drug town with a small fishing problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X