• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Shows how little you know about cars really.
    They all use the same parts bin, engines etc.
    Of course they put in some slightly better plastics on the Audis so that mugs like you pay 10K more.
    Which Skoda has the 306bhp 2.0 litre petrol engine with 4WD, DSG and 0-60 in about 4.7 seconds, and is made of Aluminium?

Comment

£500 2004 Volvo S60 2.0T

Rock and roll

Who says those earning 6 figures need to waste money on deprecating assets?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Shows how little you know about cars really.
        They all use the same parts bin, engines etc.
        Of course they put in some slightly better plastics on the Audis so that mugs like you pay 10K more.
        Unless you're buying in the Eastern European market, it's highly unlikely your Skoda was even built in the same factory as an Audi. And even if it was, which do you think is going to depreciate faster?
        Furthermore, which of the two is going to make you look most like a lonely cheapskate saddo?
        I was going to challenge you to find a current V8 Skoda, but some wag already has. A re-worked R8, costing £180k. Seriously. They must be smoking the same tulip you are clearly smoking.

Audi R8 rebodied as Skoda supercar | Top Gear
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Unless you're buying in the Eastern European market, it's highly unlikely your Skoda was even built in the same factory as an Audi. And even if it was, which do you think is going to depreciate faster?
          Furthermore, which of the two is going to make you look most like a lonely cheapskate saddo?
          I was going to challenge you to find a current V8 Skoda, but some wag already has. A re-worked R8, costing £180k. Seriously. They must be smoking the same tulip you are clearly smoking.

Ignore him, he's trolling as usual. He professes to know much about everything but knows little about not a lot. Standard troll. Whack him on ignore and your forum life will improve greatly.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I drive a bicycle.

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Which Skoda has the 306bhp 2.0 litre petrol engine with 4WD, DSG and 0-60 in about 4.7 seconds, and is made of Aluminium?
                Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Ignore him, he's trolling as usual. He professes to know much about everything but knows little about not a lot. Standard troll. Whack him on ignore and your forum life will improve greatly.
                All VAG cars use (maybe not the A8) the same parts bin. It's a fact even if you don't like it. Of course there'll be differences in engines, noise insulation, body (alu or steel) and other tweaking but the underlying bobbins are the same or soon going to be.

Explained: the VW Group's MQB platform

It shows.

I test drove the Audi A4 Avant, Merc C class estate and BMW 3 series Tourer a few months ago and the Audi was the only one that felt built to a budget. As I mentioned earlier, the pedals were non-metal, the indicator stalk felt cheap and nasty and what's with the plastic buttons on the centre console? Ok fair enough it's not an A8, but it was still a definite cut below its direct competitors. I assume because it used parts (indicator stalks, pedals?) from the lesser stablemates in VAG.

Also it is telling that Audi has historically had the worst reliability ratings of the German big 3.
                Last edited by sasguru; 8 September 2016, 10:24.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I 360'd in the fast lane
                  There's no such thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I 360'd in the fast lane on the M11 in a blizzard
                    Definite candidate for the Darwin award, then.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

New cars are for the wealthy. ie not me.

My BMW 320D passed 190,000 at the weekend. Should hit 200,000 by Crimbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X