• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    understood, but.... tell me if I am going wrong,

with these big luxury cars, like the Q7 F-PACE etx, I am too scared to own an out of warranty 60thousand miler, so I buy new, it's expensive to get onto the ladder, but replacing every 5 years at the end of the extended warranty you still got an ~50% residual value

I am too scared of something expensive going wrong on a second hand one which is out of warranty

Milan.
    That's the other side of it I guess. I picked my Jag XF up last year when it was 12 months old and had it serviced at a main dealer. There was also an issue with a reversing sensor that they fixed for free and then told me there was a soft recall on tyres (noise levels, no safety issue) so put a new set on. I guess it depends how happy you are to stand that amount of cash to get a new one.

Never really considered your way of thinking; might consider it when I'm next in the market for a car.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Merc CLS63 AMG. 5.5L Biturbo V8 with 557 BHP. Makes up for having such a tiny ****.

Awesome car, sh*t service from Merc. I wouldn't trust them to fix me a bath, let alone anything to do with my car....

Next one will be a Lexus, probably be LC500. Admittedly it'll mean having to join the Freemasons and learn the special handshake and funny walk but even that beats trying to get a Merc dealer to remember whether he changed the oil in your car when you asked him to.....
      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        That's the other side of it I guess. I picked my Jag XF up last year when it was 12 months old and had it serviced at a main dealer. There was also an issue with a reversing sensor that they fixed for free and then told me there was a soft recall on tyres (noise levels, no safety issue) so put a new set on. I guess it depends how happy you are to stand that amount of cash to get a new one.

Never really considered your way of thinking; might consider it when I'm next in the market for a car.

I did very well on the Q7, bought it at the end of the 2013, collected it something like 10th December 2013, it was one of the last of the last model off the production line before they switched to the new model, and I got a 25% discount off the list price with the options, and not to mention by buying at the end of the production run, the model with all of the bugs fixed.

The Q7's have very good residuals, even still the previous model, it seems Audi are not have impressive sales with the new model (which is now 3 years old) nobody's buying it, for me, it looks like the Hyundai whatever it is, they've verbatim copied the front

Milan.

Comment

and of course, Plan B paid for it, and therefore the VAT was reclaimed.

So with the VAT and the discount got it for nearly half price

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
            Merc CLS63 AMG. 5.5L Biturbo V8 with 557 BHP. Makes up for having such a tiny ****.

Awesome car, sh*t service from Merc. I wouldn't trust them to fix me a bath, let alone anything to do with my car....

Next one will be a Lexus, probably be LC500. Admittedly it'll mean having to join the Freemasons and learn the special handshake and funny walk but even that beats trying to get a Merc dealer to remember whether he changed the oil in your car when you asked him to.....

Comment

and of course, Plan B paid for it, and therefore the VAT was reclaimed.

So with the VAT and the discount got it for nearly half price

Milan.
              Plan B being MyCo?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

come on LM, get with the programme,

Plan B = my other co (non-IT)

and of course, not to mention depreciated over 5 years

Milan.

Comment

come on LM, get with the programme,

Plan B = my other co (non-IT)

and of course, not to mention depreciated over 5 years

Milan.
                  Fair enough, didn't know you had a Plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Fair enough, didn't know you had a Plan B.

I thought every contractor had a Plan B

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Perhaps I'll get two.....
                      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Working...
                      X