• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life sucks - tomorrows gig cancelled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    So are you sitting in the house watching old episodes of Frasier like me then?
    Working on a fixed fee contract that should yield more than £1k per day.

Better even it involves licensing small bits of SKA "know-how" and code, of course the time it took to write that code initially would probably push down value of contract to £45 per day, but since I had to do it for myself anyway it is a nice income.

Sure beats doing Crystal Report crap for minimum wage while wearing monkey constume!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Working on a fixed fee contract that should yield more than £1k per day.

Better even it involves licensing small bits of SKA "know-how" and code, of course the time it took to write that code initially would probably push down value of contract to £45 per day, but since I had to do it for myself anyway it is a nice income.

Sure beats doing Crystal Report crap for minimum wage while wearing monkey constume!

HTH

So you're being paid for something you've pretty much already done then? Nice one
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

It is a subset of the main work I do for SKA, it is not already done, but big well debugged chunks are licensed so that work is done very quickly - the client will be pleased to get extremely fast and scalable code in less than a week. They are good people too.

Comment

Working...
        X