• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England v Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The best goal in that match belonged to Wales. We all know it.
    Mark Hughes scored the best when we got humped 5-1 by city in 1989. Scant consolation.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The best goal in that match belonged to Wales. We all know it.
      TBF, Hart is shîte keeper, Alan Rough would have stopped that....

Comment

And now Northern Ireland have just scored, excellent...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Watching the NI game with the missus. She just said "What do Northern Ireland have in the middle of their flags? It looks like a little mitten?"

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

2-0 Norn Iron!!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Great win for what was labelled a pub team at the weekend. That's the Ukraine and Russia almost out in one afternoon.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Great win for what was labelled a pub team at the weekend. That's the Ukraine and Russia almost out in one afternoon.
                It's 'Ukraine' not 'The Ukraine'!

Stemmed from the Russian (and Slavic prolly) noun for 'borderland' or 'edge' 'край' as in 'Украина' i.e. implying it's the edge of the the Russian Imperial Empire that was. I think.

Russian (and Ukrainian) has no articles so there is no 'the' or 'a' which you might think makes it easier but in fact it makes it harder....

Full of shît today me, I've had three poos....

Comment

England 2 Bales 1
                  Ahh but did you place a bet?

Chap in office had that bet - put down £50 & won £500
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Ahh but did you place a bet?

Chap in office had that bet - put down £50 & won £500
                    Bale to score first with that scoreline 65/1. Had a spare quid on my betfair account, now got 66 of em

Comment

Working...
                    X