• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Major attacks Vote Leave 'deceit' as Johnson defends campaign

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Thatcher chose Major as her successor. So I argue he didn't throw away her legacy.
    She would have chosen Norman Wisdom if convinced he would beat Heseltine.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      In or out you'd be hard pressed to find yourself indifferent to John Major's comments. As he says, this decision is far to important. A decision that'll affect generations to come, and you might say otherwise if we remain, however the 'out' camp have provided no solid facts on what life outside the EU would be like. Only deceit.

Major attacks Vote Leave 'deceit' as Johnson defends campaign - BBC News
      Remind me again, who was it that was campaigning fiercely for Turkey to join the EU a number of years ago, referring to his own Turkish ancestry?

And clearly, the way to get net immigration down is not to limit immigration but the ensure that more British people go to work abroad. The JobCentre could work with Eures to make that happen. Right now there are more than 1.8 million vacancies not counting the 61,741 ones in the UK.
      Last edited by m0n1k3r; 5 June 2016, 16:12.

Comment

I wonder if we will get some "interesting" sex scandals this time as well...
        We already had one with Camoron ...

Major is trustworthy, clever man, it's a pity populist scum Bliar beaten him in 97.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Perhaps a by-product of living in the top financial city in the world?
          It's a by-product of being a Prime Minister, and very competent at that.

So Major makes £850k per year, peanuts compared to Bliar who made tens of millions on exactly what? Major's consulting time is certainly worth £1k per hour, so he probably does 850 hours per year - part time job to keep him relevant and avoid boredom, well done - I am sure he also pays full UK taxes on the amounts he makes.
          Last edited by AtW; 5 June 2016, 16:20.

Comment

From the man who cost us billions in a financial crash trying to force us into the ERM so that we could joint the Euro. For that alone I would file his insights in the rubbish bin.
            Last edited by ZARDOZ; 5 June 2016, 17:07.

Comment

Tories have nothing better to do then fight amongst themselves.

I wonder if we will get some "interesting" sex scandals this time as well...
              Not entirely sure Edwina Currie qualifies as "interesting"...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                From the man who cost us billions in a financial crash trying to force us into the ERM so that we could joint the Euro. For that alone I would file his insights in the rubbish bin.
                All the parties were gunning to join the ERM then as they thought it would bring benefits to UK trade and bring interest rates down.

Brown when he got into office obviously got some good advice from some civil servants to the downsides of joining the Euro hence the mythical test conditions.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Not entirely sure Edwina Currie qualifies as "interesting"...
                  Sorry about that.

I was thinking of the Tories back to basics campaign at the time where they demonised single parents and gay people but were busy creating single parent families, were in the closet gay or did things like this linky

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                    If UK had same currency with Europe then it would be much harder for scumbags like Soros and other hedge fund scum to mount attacks on currencies.

At the time EUR did not exist (in proper form a it is now), so Major was really unlucky, his only fault that he did not teach hedge scum not to crap where they live.

Not having joined EUR when UK could is a historic mistake that vil hav to b rectified when ze time is wright.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      If UK had same currency with Europe then it would be much harder for scumbags like Soros and other hedge fund scum to mount attacks on currencies.

At the time EUR did not exist (in proper form a it is now), so Major was really unlucky, his only fault that he did not teach hedge scum not to crap where they live.
                      Unfortunately you aren't allowed to penalise other EU citizens for fecking over your currency.

Comment

Working...
                      X