• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning on higher cost of 40-year mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's the markets response to crazy house prices, even record low interest rates are no longer enough - 40 fooking years mortgages, insane.
    If you don't like it, other EU options are available...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      If you don't like it, other EU options are available...
      You mean moving to Germany with nice flat rate 25% tax on dividends? An option to consider for sure, beats paying new nearly 40% rate.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        and that`s why i stay at mummys

be a tosser living at home still or become a slave

hard choice
        At home, or not, you would still be a tosser
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's the markets response to crazy house prices, even record low interest rates are no longer enough - 40 fooking years mortgages, insane.
          Even the Boomers are fooked.

Soaring numbers of middle-aged and elderly are renting with others | Daily Mail Online
          Jamie Brunel, 57, from Devon, whose friend Deborah Menhinnitt, 69, lives in her spare room, said that flat-sharing with a friend offered the perfect living arrangement. 'It gives you companionship, security and someone to talk to,' she added. 'I can't remember ever having an argument.

'Some of the nearby villagers have strange ideas about us, but we are from similar backgrounds and have shared interests. We have seven cats together now.'

Elaine Salisbury, 62, said after 'losing everything' in a divorce over a decade ago, she has been unable to buy another property.

After living with a landlord in his 30s, she is now moving into a house with five others, including students and teachers.

Ms Salisbury, an NHS administrator from Surrey, said: 'Until I can claim my state pension, I've got to carry on as I am, sadly. I would like to get a mortgage, but it's not going to happen with my income and at my age.

'Another alternative would be to rent my own flat, but the average price in the area is £1,600 a month, which is what I take home after tax so it's out of the question.

Comment

Elaine Salisbury, 62, said after 'losing everything' in a divorce over a decade ago, she has been unable to buy another property.
            Articles obviously a fake, women don't lose in divorces
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You mean moving to Germany with nice flat rate 25% tax on dividends? An option to consider for sure, beats paying new nearly 40% rate.
              Why even bother setting up a GmbH, just use cash accounting like the UK did before abolishing it in the late 70's. Paid 32% tax after everything else. Including private medical insurance. So much win.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                At home, or not, you would still be a tosser
                yup

watching Take me out , the poor chap omitted he lived at home, most of the lights went off

must become a debt slave
                Last edited by unemployed; 5 June 2016, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Articles obviously a fake, women don't lose in divorces
                  Yes they do.

Moral of the story whether you are a man or a woman marry someone who earns a similar income to you.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Yes they do.

Moral of the story whether you are a man or a woman marry someone who earns a similar income to you.
                    Or meet a busty bird working in Tesco's, but don't marry her whatever you do!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Utter madness. They should really consider living in another part of the country, or leaving the country! Imagine surviving to your 72nd year working away before the mortgage is paid off.

These guys should rent instead and wait until the mega crash.
                      I've been waiting for that mega crash since the 90s. When is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X