• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning to vote Stay? On the fence? Read this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Like it or not, you are bound highly with EU, and dismantling it will be freaking costly for all of us. The problem is brexiters have no idea. If 10% unemployment is what you want, fine.
    If your economy couldn't consume the immigrants then they would have not come here in the first place. Your economy needs them

You need to think wider than one argument at a time... 10% unemployment is going to be a walk in the park in coming decades... I work in Cloud architecture and I can more or less wipe out the need for service desks, first, second and third line support just by using tools like RightScale, Puppet or Chef properly... companies like IBM and HP are still talking about cloud with a massive service wrapper around it but the truth is 98% their sorry asses can be lost for ever. Thats not out to india, thats why the **** do I want someone watching a dashboard when AWS cloud formation can just say its not working properly terminate and respawn the service in minutes...

Most of IT can now be automated completely and your average team of 200 will end up as no more than 10. Sod outsourcing ruining your career I can do it from an office in the west country. For those of you sat wondering why its not going that way where you are working is because you are already surrounded by tomorrows losers. Somewhere else there is a team doing better things faster than you can and they will eat your lunch soon.

Count the trucks rumpling around on the M11 and then think about the fact that they are 5 -10 years nearer autonomous trucks than cars now think about the services that support the wetware driving them today.

Uber are in talks to buy S-classes that are autonomous. More people screwed.

High unemployment is a given so we need to be able to find a way to support that level. Eurocrats are just another layer of money we can't afford just like that poor couple that can't survive on 200k You live on a quarter of that by cutting out the unnecessary crap. The same is coming for the rest of us...

We need Migrants today because too many people think there are better jobs out there for them. Pretty soon emptying an bin or serving a pint is going to look pretty damn enticing for a lot more people...
    Last edited by bobspud; 2 June 2016, 11:28.

Comment

I suggest to read some history about isolationism and protectionism. It didn't go well EVER
      It works for Australia, Canada, USA
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Its quite interesting to see that the media 'campaigning' for a Brexit, the Daily Mail/Telegraph/Express, the Sun, the Star, etc. are not only right wing but are all owned by companies or people who are based abroad, tax exiles, offshore tax based and so on which are all things that the EU are trying to stop. Makes you wonder if they have an agenda?
        Everyone shouting in this has an agenda, on both sides. A lot of big banks screaming about doom are leveraged up to the hilt betting on a Bremain via options on everything from forex to bonds to stock market gambles.

No doubt borrowing free money from the central banks and placing it as huge bets on us remaining....

You are probably correct about those newspaper owners....

Comment

Like it or not, you are bound highly with EU, and dismantling it will be freaking costly for all of us. The problem is brexiters have no idea. If 10% unemployment is what you want, fine.
          If your economy couldn't consume the immigrants then they would have not come here in the first place. Your economy needs them
          Cost of leaving is not a good reason to remain. Just think of the number of IT systems that have had to be changed most of which have been "protected" by the "we don't want change" dinosaurs of the past.

Good to see you admit to supporting open doors migration
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Its quite interesting to see that the media 'campaigning' for a Brexit, the Daily Mail/Telegraph/Express, the Sun, the Star, etc. are not only right wing but are all owned by companies or people who are based abroad, tax exiles, offshore tax based and so on which are all things that the EU are trying to stop. Makes you wonder if they have an agenda?
            Save for The Guardian, are there many British owned newspapers?

Those who state the case for Remain, if CUK is anything to be judged by, seem to all people who are based or born abroad. Makes you wonder if they have an agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              You need to think wider than one argument at a time... 10% unemployment is going to be a walk in the park in coming decades... I work in Cloud architecture and I can more or less wipe out the need for service desks, first, second and third line support just by using tools like RightScale, Puppet or Chef properly... companies like IBM and HP are still talking about cloud with a massive service wrapper around it but the truth is 98% their sorry asses can be lost for ever. Thats not out to india, thats why the **** do I want someone watching a dashboard when AWS cloud formation can just say its not working properly terminate and respawn the service in minutes...

Most of IT can now be automated completely and your average team of 200 will end up as no more than 10. Sod outsourcing ruining your career I can do it from an office in the west country. For those of you sat wondering why its not going that way where you are working is because you are already surrounded by tomorrows losers. Somewhere else there is a team doing better things faster than you can and they will eat your lunch soon.

Count the trucks rumpling around on the M11 and then think about the fact that they are 5 -10 years nearer autonomous trucks than cars now think about the services that support the wetware driving them today.

Uber are in talks to buy S-classes that are autonomous. More people screwed.

High unemployment is a given so we need to be able to find a way to support that level. Eurocrats are just another layer of money we can't afford just like that poor couple that can't survive on 200k You live on a quarter of that by cutting out the unnecessary crap. The same is coming for the rest of us...

We need Migrants today because too many people think there are better jobs out there for them. Pretty soon emptying an bin or serving a pint is going to look pretty damn enticing for a lot more people...
              WHS.

I've offshored and moved into the cloud one large application that was based in a large financial institution in London last year and have done PoCs for a few more which should hopefully get the go agead soon. We've now been asked by more then one of these large financial institutions in London to start looking at putting this into reality for certain applications, some to do with a possible Brexit (makes me money) and some to do with costs. We're also doing this for companies in the USA and France so it's a worldwide thing...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Cost of leaving is not a good reason to remain. Just think of the number of IT systems that have had to be changed most of which have been "protected" by the "we don't want change" dinosaurs of the past.

Good to see you admit to supporting open doors migration
                I didn't say I support open doors migration, at the point I'm already here. I'm saying half of the migration can be stopped like NOW. just cut immigrants from outside of EU. Does anyone want that? No because you need them.
                Leaving EU is massive OVERKILL to what you are trying to achieve - that is lower the immigration (for the most part) and will result in collateral damage too all of us, mostly poor though.

Now the part about BREXIT I don't understand is why you don't take steers in your hand and lead europe where you want it to be? Nobody seem to be willing to discuss problems with EU. But your solution is a divorce without talking

Comment

I suggest to read some history about isolationism and protectionism. It didn't go well EVER
                  Why people like you think that by leaving the EU we default into isolationism I do not know. We ARE LEAVING THE EU. The EU is not the sole proprietor of what constitutes trade and Internationalism. In fact the UK is the world's leading International trading country of all time quite why it needs to subsume itself to "The EU" is beyond me.

Comment

I didn't say I support open doors migration, at the point I'm already here. I'm saying half of the migration can be stopped like NOW. just cut immigrants from outside of EU. Does anyone want that? No because you need them.
                    Leaving EU is massive OVERKILL to what you are trying to achieve - that is lower the immigration (for the most part) and will result in collateral damage too all of us, mostly poor though.

Now the part about BREXIT I don't understand is why you don't take steers in your hand and lead europe where you want it to be? Nobody seem to be willing to discuss problems with EU. But your solution is a divorce without talking
                    No, no no. You can't do that, Brits (apart from FLC) don't like East Europeans so it has to be stop them coming into Britain but still allow non-EU
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Beep! Beep! Tin hat alert!

I see conspiracy theories aren't confined to us Brexiters!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X